Chapter 58 - Alive

*Makoto's pov*

Remaining in the same groups as last time we charged into the next city. This place was strange, the atmosphere was very different. Monokuma's were killing people but not as many dead bodies were lying on the ground, this place must buried it's bodies. Me and Toko remained together and both kept an eye on each others back as we shot down robot after robot. I couldn't decide if they were being killed or simply being shut down, after all they weren't living like us.

We kicked ass for a while until we became overwhelmed by a pack of the Beast Monokuma's. Many of our group was killed off quickly and they kept us from escaping. Nori led the other three kids and attacked them from behind but soon they were also knocked back to us. I kept Toko and Asahina close to me, they were now the people I was going to protect. Soul stood with the kids and Buster, even the boss and his specially trained fighters had been brought to their knees.

Everything looked so hopeless until we heard a dogs bark coming from down the road. There stood barking at the robots was Nita, and behind her all of us could see the shadows of people charging towards us. They were being lead by someone on the back of a horse.

"Give it everything you have!" The person shouted from the horses back as it reared up onto hind legs.

The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't dewl on it because as soon as the Monokuma's were distracted we could finish them together. This lot of new fighters were just what we needed to get up moral to keep going. Nita remained by the horse and when the creature was hit she ran next to it towards the heat of battle.

"Hey Makoto you aren't going to believe this but..." Buster pointed at the rider of the horse.

I followed his finger and looked at the rider, it looked like Kyoko. But I was sure she was dead.

"Looked like you guys couldn't cope for too long without me" she smiled down at us once all the robots had been destroyed.

"Kyoko!" Screamed Toko as she ran over to her.

Kyoko leapt down off the horse and hugged her, I was speechless she looked so dead when I last saw her.
She then looked at me and smiled, slowly I went over to her and took her into my arms. Feeling her there again brought the realisation onto me, my eyes began to leak tears.

"Mum!" The three kids cried as they ran over to us.

Kyoko tried to hug all of us but our family had expanded which didn't make it easy. Everyone came over to see her but the whole time I was speechless, I just couldn't believe it. It was a miracle she was alive, this filled us with hope.

"Are you okay, Makoto?" Asahina asked me as she touched my shoulder.

I jumped and looked at her, I must have been staring as everyone was just watching me. I quickly nodded and Kyoko smiled at me.

"I'm just so happy you're okay" I beamed at her.

Again she took me into her arms and we hugged each other before looking deep into the others eyes. I kissed her and there I knew that there was definitely no one I would rather be with other than her. I needed her, I wanted her to always be a part of my life.

Afterwards we let go of each other, the other fighters had been keeping the robots from getting to us. I dropped down onto the ground and looked up at her.

"Kyoko Kirigiri would you do me the honour of marrying me once this is over?" I asked her.

Everyone looked so shocked and even I was a little shocked myself. She knelt down infront of me and hugged me.