Chapter 56 - Fight Back

*Makoto's pov*

It's been a few days since Buster and Kyoko left and I know somethings happened. I can just sense it, Kyoko isn't okay. It's not only me but Lydia and Roma both feel it, Nori hasn't said anything if he does.

Byakuya has been in a critical state but according to the doctor the bleeding has slowed down significantly. We are all hoping soon he will be able to come back here and join us all again.

Soul has been trying his best to keep the kids happy, but Avery has sunk into what appears to be depression. He has just completely given up and no longer seems to have the motivation to move or eat. Having both his parents either gone or really ill probably doesn't help the fact, or was probably the trigger.

Hina has also been subdued, the atmosphere here is almost suffocating. The only person still cheerful is Nita, although she cries at night for Kyoko, in the day she keeps me smiling.

I was on my way back to our room after visiting Byakuya when Lydia came flying down the corridor at me.

"Dad!" She screamed when she saw me.

"Lydia what's wrong?" I asked her as I put my hands on her shoulders.

"They came back but..." she then burst into tears.

From the way she was I could tell something awful had happened so I hugged her and then quickly went back. She cried for they whole way back and when I entered the room I saw both Toko and Buster sat together looking awful. Toko had cuts all over her and fresh blood covering her face. Buster was just staring at the floor, he looked traumatised.

When he saw me he jumped and began to shake.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry" he kept on repeating.

Slowly I looked over to where we slept and everyone was sat there. I then felt my body ache at the sight and slowly I walked over there. I had to see, if what I thought I saw was really real. It couldn't be, no this was some sick joke someone was pulling. I felt my knees hit the floor as I dropped to them in utter despair. Lying on all of the bedding was Kyoko, but she was very pale and wasn't moving. Her hands were limp as they looked slightly clenched, I moved one and held it in my hands.

"I'm so sorry Makoto" Soul sighed as he put his hand on my shoulder.

She had no grip or even any movement when I picked up her gloved hand. Her face looked peaceful even though blood was splattered across it, most of her clothing was also covered in blood.

I looked over at Lydia and Roma who were in a real mess, I couldn't just pitty myself she was their Mum. I got up and went over to them and they both hugged me and cried into me, I also pulled Nori to me as he was also in a state. I could feel different areas of my top getting wet as the kids all cried into me and down my cheeks tears kept falling.

Nita was curled up next to Kyoko under her arm. She nuzzled Kyoko's face but when she didn't move or open her eyes Nita sat up and howled. Nita had never howled before in her life but I took it it was the pain of losing Kyoko that got her to do that. Toko was with Avery and Soul was now comforting Asahina.

That night was absolutely horrible as none of us could sleep. Toko went to see Byakuya and told him about Kyoko. I was devastated and now I couldn't speak to her anymore, it killed me. Lydia looked an awful lot like Kyoko and Roma had that un amused pissed off face Kyoko had often pulled. She may not be here anymore but she stilled lived on through her children. Neither Toko or Buster had spoken to us yet so no one but them knew what had happened.

Kyoko's body had recently been moved and taken away from us, Nita had followed her and still hadn't come back to us yet.

All three of the kids came and slept with me, I think they just wanted the comfort of me being there.