Chapter 65 - The Note

*Makoto's pov*

Light rain had started to fall, it had been two days since the six and Nita had left. There was a strange atmosphere and Hina had been very on edge and anxious. Everytime the boss came down to see us she would leap up and run to ask if anything had been reported about Hope's Peak. He always told her no and she would go back to thinking.

I was sat reading a book whist the girls and Avery sat playing some sort of game. Byakuya had gone out to collect our food and Hina was sat looking after River.

There was a silence until a screech travelled through the corridor, all of us looked at each other confused. It didn't sound like a human cry or that of a dog, more like a large bird.

"Oh piss off!" We heard Byakuya shout from outside our room.

"What's going on?" Lydia called to him.

"Fucking bird" he said as he fell through the door and in flew this massive bird.

It was an all brown/ black coloured with a white head and tail feathers. It had a big yellow beak and yellow coloured feet.

No one was entirely sure what to do as it was gliding around the room until it landed on the ground. He looked at everyone and then screeched again.

"Why is there a bloody eagle here?" Byakuya asked annoyed.

"How would we know?" I asked.

Roma had got up and was slowly moving close to it.

"Roma!" I called out but she ignored me.

She then held out her arm to it and the bird looked at her before jumping onto her forearm. She smiled and stood up with the large eagle inches away from her face. Carefully she then went and stroked its head. The bird moved back but then accepted her hand and made a noise like a cat purring as she stroked him.

"He's tame" Roma smiled at all of us.

"Why is a bald eagle even in Japan, they are American birds" I asked.

"Maybe he was owned for shows or something, or was at a zoo" Lydia suggested, "As he seems rather tame it suggests he is used to humans"

Hina then came over to me and handed me River before going over to Roma and the bird.

She looked at it and the bird stared back at her before opening his wings out fully to her. He then jumped off Roma's arm and onto Hina's head.

On her head he bent over and rubbed his skull on her hair whilst purring. She smiled and stroked his back, the bird sreeched and she lifted him down into her arms. Hina stared into the creatures eyes and a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

She whispered something to the bird, before long it was tightly pressed against her body. The creature moved its head and cried out softly before nuzzling her.

"Are you feeling okay Auntie Asahina?" Lydia asked.

She looked at her and then in through the door Nita came running in panting.

Slowly she walked up to Hina and presented her with her neck, in her collar there was a note. Asahina put the bird on her shoulder and took the note from the dog. Nita wagged her tail and then came to the rest of us to say hello.