Chapter 18 - Footsteps

*Makoto's pov*

We must have lived on top of each other for a few weeks because we were all in fear of being captured by the bear.

It wasn't ideal but it worked, us moving in groups around the house as for all we knew he could be living with us. Monokuma was always very good at getting into places he wasn't supposed to be in.

Even at work we texted in our brakes to keep tabs on one another, we couldn't risk loosing anyone.

Toko had also really got Sho under control at the moment, like she was no longer spontaneously changing without warning. Lydia loved being with everyone and of cause she was slightly closer with me and Kyoko but she adored everyone else. Even Byakuya, and he denied it, but he liked the attention from her.

We were all completely fine living how we were the only problem was we no longer had any privacy. I think sometimes we all did miss our alone time but we were too paranoid to seperate. Kyoko had really been my back bone through all this as she kept us all together, just in morals not in high spirits as she wasn't ever positive. She had also told me what she wanted happening to her of she died just incase and it pained me she thought like that. I couldn't and wouldn't bear to lose her but she said she wanted me to carry on with life and find a new partner. She also said she wanted to be cremated and her ashes to be scattered on the hill where her dad used to take her so she could be free with him.

But that didn't matter as she was going to stay alive and we would all be fine.

One evening me and Asahina walked home from work alone as Byakuya had the day off so he stayed with Toko and Lydia. Kyoko always walked home alone but she normally phoned one of us so we knew she was okay. But that evening I never got that phone call...

I didn't start to worry until I got home and she wasn't there and neither Toko or Byakuya had heard anything from her. I tried to call but she never answered me, I texted and left multiple voice mails asking her to let me know she was okay.

It was only at 4am when my phone started going off and it woke everyone up. Lydia started to cry so Asahina got up to comfort her and I answered.

"Hello" I said.

"Hey Makoto, it's just me" replied Kyoko.

My heart finally felt settled knowing she was still here "are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah I'm fine sorry I never phoned I just never left work, is Lydia okay I can hear her crying?" She asked.

"She was just woken up by you phoning that's all, we all were" I gave a small laugh.

"I'm sorry I just wasn't allowed access to my phone, but I should be back in the morning as I get the day off tomorrow" she said.

"That's good, we have all been missing you" I told her.

Then in the background I heard people shouting.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Fine I just have to go, bye" she then hung up on me.

Byakuya had turned on the lights and was looking at me as I sat there stairing blankly at my phone screen.

"S-she had to g-go abruptly" Toko stuttered.

"Yeah" I sighed, Asahina then brought Lydia over to me so I could comfort her, I cuddled her and shortly she was relaxed again.

"How can they be keeping her this long?" Asahina asked "She has been working since early this morning"