Chapter 5 - Next Steps

*Makoto's pov*

We were all blinded by the bright light coming from the sun. I think we had all forgotten how bright the outside world really was. I mean we had been living in this building for over 2 years with the artificial light.

We all kept hold of each others hands as we stepped outside into the fresh air. Monokuma said the world had gone to hell. But he had been lying everything looked the same as it had done when we had arrived at Hope's Peak. I had Kyoko's hand in my left hand and Asahina's hand in my right hand. Byakuya was holding onto Kyoko and Toko.

Once our eyes had properly become adjusted to the light we all looked around and let go of each other.

"So Monokuma was lying about the world being distroyed?" Asked Asahina.

"He must have been" Byakuya replied.

"Ofcause he would be lying he wanted us to stay to kill each other!" Toko shouted at us.

She was obviously stressed and she sounded a bit worried about something.

"We can all go home" Asahina smiled.

"But what about if we don't have anywhere to go back to?" I asked them.

"If Monokuma was lying about this then I'm sure that he was lying about our families being killed" Kyoko told us.

But Kyoko's father had been murder by Monokuma, we found him in a box. I wasn't sure what Kyoko was going to do because she never spoke about any family that she may have.

We all stood there together something seemed to be preventing us from leaving each other. All we had wanted was to leave but now we didn't seem to want to leave one another.

In the end we all ended up walking back to my house as I lived the closest to Hope's Peak. We all walked in silence and the people who we passed gave us strange looks. All of us must have looked beaten down and worn out. We were also a strange collection of people to be seen together, I mean we all had completely different auras that these people could sense.

When we got to my house we all looked at each other and I knocked on the door. We waited for a while but there wasn't a reply, the car wasn't even in the drive way.

"They mustn't be home?" I finally said as I slumped and sat on the step.

"We will wait until they show up" Kyoko said as she joined me in sitting on the step.

"Do you think they are still alive?" Byakuya asked "because in your video they were killed weren't they?"

"Yes but the house was distroyed and the house looks fine here" I justified because I didn't want to even think about it.

Hina looked at us and then went and lay down in the sun on our front lawn to get in some much needed sun light. Toko went and sat in the shade as she contemplated life. There was something troubling her but I couldn't understand what. Byakuya was just lent against the house behind me and Kyoko.

We sat and waited for around an hour until a car pulled up into the driveway. Me and Kyoko both stood up and looked at the car. It was my parents car but I couldn't see into the windows at who was driving. The doors to the car open and out got my mother and father. They both froze when they saw me and I looked back at them. Toko and Asahina had both come and joined me and the other two. We were all huddled together standing on the step. My mum then came over to me before taking me into her arms and hugging me tightly.

When she let me go she gave my friends a look and then asked "Makoto how was your new school? We didn't expect to see you for another few years"

I looked behind me at the four and then replied "It was different..."