Chapter 29 - Jin Kirigiri

*Kyoko's pov*

Makoto, Asahina and Byakuya came home around an hour after I had come back, so tea was completely ready for them. We had grilled vegetables, pork chops and mashed potato. As we all sat down to eat at the table Toko had set, no one really said anything. I think we were all tired and none of us liked that we had to be back at work. Eventhough Hope's Peak was hell it did mean that none of us needed to work and could just be together.

After eating me and Toko did the washing up even though Toko had to do it yesterday as well. Byakuya went upstairs and came back with a box which he took into the living room.

I looked at Toko confused and she said "H-he found a board game he wants everyone to play"

"Okay... well I haven't played or seen one of those for years" I told her.

"S-same here" she replied as she dried a plate to put away.

"The last time I played one of those was before Dad left" I sighed as I washed up the glasses.

"M-maybe it will do you good to play one then, change the association" Toko replied, she was probably right but I hadn't yet told her I may go looking into if my Dad was really dead.

"Toko I'm thinking into finding out if my Dad is really dead" I told her, she needed to know. "But I want your opinion on it, if everyone else survived then maybe he also did"

She was silent for a while but shortly replied "O-okay well I'll help you and so will Sho"

"Thank you" I said as I picked up all the clean dishes and began to put them away.

After everything had been put away we went to go and find everyone in the living room sat on the floor. Avery was sat on Hina's lap and Lydia was between Makoto and Byakuya. In the middle was a board with different picture's of animals on it.

"Just in time you two we are going to have a game want to join?" Byakuya asked.

Me and Toko looked at each other and then both sat down around the board. I was between Toko and Hina and Toko was next to Byakuya. We were then all informed on the rules and several hours passed as we played the game.

The entire aim of the game was to go from being a bug to begin with, to snake, to wolf, to ape and finally to a human. You could achieve this by gaining karma points to then evolve and be reincarnated to the next animal.

It was entertaining enough and we all had a laugh playing it together.

It was around 9 when I finally got Lydia ready for bed as she had fallen asleep on me. She was tired, she would normally go to bed earlier and she had been up since early this morning. I had picked her up and carried her upstairs with Avery under my other arm. There was a knock at the front door but I ignored it as I was busy and there was a number of other people able to answer it. I had just tucked them both into bed when Asahina came rushing up the stairs.

Her eyes were wide, she looked shocked "K-kyoko you need to come downstairs now" she told me, as she trembled a bit.

"What's happened?" I asked.

"Just come downstairs" she told me.

So together we went in silence back down the stairs so I could see what was wrong.

Everyone was stood in the hallway waiting for me but no one said a word. Makoto came over to me and hugged me before leading me to the living room door. I gave them all a look before walking in and closing the door behind myself.

Once inside I saw a guy sat on the sofa waiting for me. He looked up at me, he had dark hair and purple/pink eyes. My heart froze as we looked at each other he then got up and came over to me.