Chapter 52 - They Are Safe

*A few years later*
*Makoto's pov*

A lot has happened in the last few years after escaping Madame Autumn's mansion. We actually managed to find The Last Hope again and straight away all of us were excepted back in. Using the horses we had seemed to set up a horse patrol unit. Which basically means that a group of us go into a city on horse back with guns that we shoot Monokuma's with. It is faster and safer for us to do this and has proven a very effective way of bringing down the Monokuma population.

Soul and Buster have both stuck around with us as we learned that when they both came to us, Buster was actually 16 and Soul was 30. Of cause they are now both quite a bit older but then again so are we. All of us are nearly 27 or are 27 now (except Buster and Soul who are 21 and 35) , which means Lydia would be 10/11, Avery would be 7, Roma would be 6 and Nori would be 17. All of us have grown up so much and honestly none of us would probably reconise even if we did bump into our kids. I also wondered if Nori was still with them and what about Wolf? Wolf was already an older dog so I was guessing that he probably would no longer be there anymore.

The Last Hope had also told us that many of their prisoners had also been put to work out in the towns. But when Asahina asked about Emir they told us that he had died earlier that year from a unexpected Monokuma attack. Of cause Asahina was upset about that but over the last few years she and Soul had actually been growing closer.

Today all of us were out on horse patrol to try and get rid of the last of these Monokuma's from this town. The Last Hope had already closed off this city containing all the Monokuma's inside. But this also prevented anymore from entering or leaving. We were going to take back one city at a time until the world was free of Monokuma's.

Me and Kyoko rode as a pair shooting them at each side, going as a pair was safer as you had someone to watch your back.

"One to your right!" Kyoko shouted at me.

Quickly I turned and shot him, "thanks" I called back to her.

She just nodded and we carried on.

"A hord is closing in from behind us!" Hina shouted as she ran up along side us.

"Me, you, Soul and Toko will take it the rest of you carry on" Kyoko ordered us.

I nodded as she and Asahina dropped back with Toko and Soul to deal with the bears. Byakuya and Buster caught up with me so we could carry on killing the oncoming ones. We would often brake up into smaller groups to deal with a crowd of bears. None of us as of yet had been hurt by going out on horse back.

However you know I always seem too good at talking too soon, as no longer than I had thought that Asahina screamed. Us three turned our heads to look to make sure everything was okay but all we could see was bright pink blood everywhere. Us three stopped and stared as Kyoko lay motionless inside the jaws of a Monokuma that ran on all fours, we called these Beast Monokuma's. They were bigger and more powerful than the others that they ran with.

"Fuck sake" Toko muttered.

"Everyone leave, Sho will sort this!"
She shouted as she leapt off the horse and onto the ground.

I felt my mouth drop open as I went to scream at her to stop but it was too late, Sho was out. The rest of the group came back to us and left Sho and Kyoko behind them. Hina had grabbed Toko and Kyoko's horses and took them with her back to us. When she was a bit away Soul reached over and took Kyoko's horse from her so she would only have to focus on leading away one horse.  They dragged me away by grabbing the horses reins and leading him away, all I wanted to do was grab Kyoko as she was flung around like a rag doll. All the other Monokuma's leapt up at her and tried to rip her out of the Beast Monokuma's mouth.