Chapter 62 - Time Alone

*Makoto's pov*

Now Kyoko had gone with Roma and Nita it's going to be very quite around here.

Lydia, Nori and Avery all decided to go out for a bit and explore the whole building. They were going to take Buster and Komaru but neither of them had come back yet.

Soul had gone back to Hina now Kyoko wasn't here for him to mess around with. As for Toko and Byakuya neither of them had gone anywhere or said that they were going to do something.

"Makoto" Byakuya finally broke the silence.

I looked at him and he was sorting out his tie, "I'm going out on the horse, the boss requested that at least one of us to go out today"

"What about Toko?" I asked as she seemed to be in her own world sat facing the wall.

"Yes well... she is your problem for now" he told me as he left the room.

He was a good way down the corridor but he stopped and came back to me.

"Look after her" he whispered so she wouldn't hear.

"I will" I smiled at him.

He gave me a small smile then headed out. I waited until he had completely gone from sight before going back into the room.

Toko was still sat staring at the wall not moving, the only movement was her breathing every now and again.

I sighed before sitting opposite her with my back against the wall. She didn't even show me that she knew I was there. I was going to have to be the one to start the conversation otherwise today was going to be very long and boring.

"What you thinking about?" I asked her.

She jumped and looked at me, "... n-nothing..." she replied.

"Somethings on your mind" I told her, "you can tell me, you can trust me I swear I won't tell anyone else"

She was silent for a while before saying, "I-I... just can't cope like this any more... it's d-driving me insane"

"Being around everyone?" I asked.

"No. Not that. Just... just the nothingness that is everyday... I'm losing the will to carry on like this" she sighed, "E-even Sho isn't coping well, she's been irritated and angry"

I thought for a while as I didn't want to say something that I would regret, I was making excellent progress with her.

"How about you ask for a job to do around here?" I suggested.

"I-I want to be free!" She shouted at me, "I want to live my life outside!"

"But you have a family who care about you Toko..." I started.

"Y-you know I love everyone but I know I'll become dangerous if I carry on like this" She looked down, "Sho will kill someone, so I need everyone to fuck off and leave me to get on with this alone"

I sighed and looked at her not saying anything as I thought about what she had said.

"What about Avery?" I asked.

"... he... he'll just have to get used to me not being here" she replied, as she looked around.

"But it's dangerous to go off alone" I replied.

"And!? It's going to be worse if I stay here, I'll bring the danger here!" she shouted, "...a-anyway with the new baby I can't risk hurting it"

I knew that she was partly right about Sho and how she could be a risk for Hina's baby, but she couldn't just leave us.