Chapter 54 - Family

*Kyoko's pov*

It has been a rough few weeks with the new puppy but surely she pulled through really well. Now she was probably around 10-12 weeks she would explore and play with the kids. Her fur colour had now really come through, she was a reddish brown with a white neck, chest, belly and a few facial markings. Toko actually named her, she jokingly called her Nita (pronounced Nee-ta) when we were trying to figure out a name and that just stuck.

The dogs tail was now also curling upwards and resting on her back. At first I accused people of forcing it to do that but soon it became clear that was natural. Still none of us know what breed she is, but Nori and Byakuya think she could be an Akita or Shiba Inu. Honestly I couldn't care less what she was, I still adored her.

Every few days me, Makoto, Toko, Byakuya, Asahina, Soul and Buster are sent out into the town with the horses to kill the Monokuma's. There are only a few of them left now so we have nearly won this city back. But at the cost of so many people's lives it was unbelievable.

However soon in the hopeful near future our lives could return back to how it was before all this.

"Koko are you okay?" Soul asked me as I was sat staring at the wall.

I jumped and looked at him, before akwardly smiling "yeah just lost in thought that's all"

"Good well me, Toko, Makoto and Byakuya are going out into the town" he told me.

"What about me, Buster and Asahina?" I asked.

"The boss requested for you to stay here with the kids and dog" he told me as he patted my shoulder.

I looked at him and smiled at him, he then jumped back and crouched down. I laughed and took up his offer and ran at him, he grabbed me and we began to wrestle each other. Me and Soul had that brother sister relationship, I had no other feelings towards him. Makoto was the only man for me. He managed to get me into a head lock so I tried my best to kick his legs out from under him so he would release me.

"You sneeky bugger" he laughed as he kicked my legs away.

"Ouch" I laughed as he stamped on my foot.

"You deserve that" Soul told me as he picked me up.

That was a cheep shot as I am a lot smaller than he is. Surprisingly gentally he put me on the ground but made sure he had pinned me down.

"Face it you lost" he smiled.

"Shut up" I laughed as I tried to wriggle free.

"Dad, Mum's being weird again" I heard Roma tell Makoto.

Me and Soul both looked around and saw everyone just standing watching the pair of us play fight.

"I think it's more she is trying to stay sane" Makoto sighed.

"Get up you fouls!" Byakuya shouted at us.

Soul looked down at me and grinned "I won"

"This time, old man" I joked as he got off me.

"Watch it" he playfully threatened.

I just smiled at him as Makoto helped me up. He then kissed me and handed me the dog.

"We've got to go now Darling" he told me.

"Stay safe" I told him as I hugged him and then kissed him again.

"That goes for all of you" I told them as they began to leave.

"Good luck" Asahina beamed as she came next to me.