Chapter 47 - The Estate

*Kyoko's pov*

That spot by the river proved to be really good as a source of food and water. The animals would come down to the river for a drink in the morning and there we would set Sho on them and kill them. I think everyone was happy here except from me and Toko. I needed to find the kids and Wolf but I still wasn't any closer to finding out where they were. But me and Toko had agreed that we would both leave when the time was right to find the kids. We couldn't take everyone because if we did that it would put more people at risk of dying. Neither of us had told the others about this decision but I think that was probably for the best, they would only try and talk us out of it.

However one morning whilst we were all still asleep we were attacked by a group of people. They took out Toko first and then just picked the rest of us off one by one. I was kicked and hit with a stick until I was unable to move anymore. I could only watch as the others were battered up and then tied up. My hands were tied behind my back, both my legs were bound together and finally they got a piece of cloth and used that as a gag. The gag made my mouth dry and uncomfortable but I took it our comfort wasn't any of their concerns. Finally all of our heads were bagged inside a cloth sack so we could no longer see.

I'm not entirely sure where we were taken from there but when the bag was removed from my head I was in a large stone building. Quickly I looked around and saw everyone else in the same room, their heads had also been uncovered. But besides us five there were multiple other people who were also in the same situation as we were in. Makoto caught my eye so I tried to move closer to them but was shortly stamped on by one of the people who had kidnapped us. All I could do was look up at him as he loomed over me then he just kicked me again before walking away.

We lay in that room for a while until the hooded men came in and went over to Byakuya before grabbing him and hauling him away. They also took more people then they just left by locking the door. Once I was sure they weren't coming back I shuffled over to the three. They also moved closer together and we just looked at each other. Around us people just lay motionless and some people looked unwell like they had been here for a long time.

When the door was open again a different man walked in he didn't wear a hood and he went around looking at everyone. In his hand he had a thick leather strap and once he came to us he crouched down near us. Then he proceeded to touch and examine us, he pulled to look in our eyes, hands and he even took the gag out to look at our teeth. But once he looked at my stomach he left and he did the same thing to Toko. Makoto didn't even get a second look and he stayed with Hina for a while before nodding. Two hooded men came over and just gabbed her up and the leather strap was put around her neck. They left with her and the other man, now only me, Makoto and Toko remained. I had put two and two together and concluded that this place was probably an illegal trade which sold poor people off to rich and powerful people. By the looks of things most people here were homeless or had fled their homes when Monokuma's attacked.

It was actually a few days before any more people were taken way. To feed us and hydrate us they stuck a small tube in the side of our mouth past the gag. We were fed the bare minimum just to keep us alive enough to sell us on. When the hooded men came in next, a batch of us was taken out which included me, Makoto and Toko. We were dragged out and placed down cramped together in a small wooden room. One by one we were hauled out and never came back. I was taken before the other two and where we were taken was to a stage next to a guy who sold us off to the highest bidder.

"Here we have number 537, gender female, in her early 20's, possibly has had children but still an able worker who's going to start me off" I was introduced.

I looked at the crowd of people who had wooden panels with numbers on them which they held up to put in a bid. I was sold for 340 I don't know if that was a good or not but the person who won had the number 57 on their panel.