Chapter 40 - Surviving On The Streets

*Makoto's pov*

It has been a few days and there is more activity on the streets again, more people have appeared. They all must have been hiding somewhere secret that none of us knew existed. Us three had given out information about how Toko and Kyoko look to everyone just in case they found them whilst they are out.

So far nothing has been reported but I remain hopeful that they were safe with these people.

"I wonder how different they look now" Asahina said to me as she looked through pictures of all of us.

"They probably don't look great, considering how you all looked and you were just in an airport" Byakuya  replied, "also where the hell did you find pictures of us?"

"I keep them on me in my bag" she replied.

"I'm sure we will know it is them if we find them though" I smiled at Hina.

"Of cause we will" Hina smiled as she looked down at a photo, "do you think Emir's dog is still alive?"

"Why should we care?" Byakuya
asked.

"Just wondered if a dog could live in those conditions" sighed Asahina.

"Worryingly they would probably cope better than humans do" I said.

"If he is alive I hope he has stayed with Kyoko and Toko to help them" Hina smiled.

"Toko hates dogs, she's told me multiple times" Byakuya said.

"Maybe she might like them a bit more now" I said hopefully.

"You know that's like saying Kyoko's hands are completely healed up, it's never going to happen" Byakuya replied coldly.

"That was uncalled for" Asahina told him.

I was going to say something back but Lydia came over to me, she was now 5, and handed me a picture.

"It's a picture of our family" she said and then she pointed everyone out. She had even included Sho next to Toko. Roma could also now practically walk, I was upset that Kyoko had also missed her other daughters first steps. Avery then came over to us and handed Byakuya a small pebble.

"Thanks" he said unimpressed.

"It's my pet" Avery told him.

"Great" Byakuya replied as he put it on the side.

"Why can't you ever be more supportive?" Hina asked him.

"I'm sorry I don't care about his rock pet" Byakuya said sarcastically.

"It wouldn't kill you to be nicer would it?" Asahina sighed.

"It might" I smiled at him.

He just sighed and went back to doing what ever he was ment to be doing. The kids then both ran off to go back to the other room where they had toys and paper to play with.

Us three had been asked to go out on a scout tomorrow so we were only doing small bits and pieces today. We have to preserve our energy for tomorrow, it was always hard work going out into the open.

*Kyoko's pov*

A few days have passed since the Sho fight and my cuts have been sewn up by Nori. It killed but in the long term it was going to be better otherwise they would just rip open every time I moved. He also stitched up Wolf's neck and thigh. Toko had been very quite since Sho hurt us, and I think she was still upset with me for leaving.

That evening we all sat in the wrecked town hall around a fire we had made. Nori had been a big help, he would go out and find food and also scout out Monokuma's.  He was currently on the food hunt which left me, Toko and Wolf alone together. Toko was hugging her knees and was sat far away from us. Wolf was asleep so I looked over at her and got up so I could sit next to her.