Chapter 16 - After The Trial

A year and a few months later

*Kyoko's pov*

We have been allowed home now for some time after a lot of questioning and trials. This had been going on for months.

I think (well actually I know) these police trials brought back bad memories about the trials we used to have to do at Hope's Peak. Toko was arrested a few times but then
released due to the lack of evidence that said she was a serial killer. It was a very stressful time for everyone even I, who works for the police, spent a few days that turned into weeks locked up. Lydia was sent to Social Services until I or anyone was released. As it turned out Asahina was released first a few days prior to Makoto so she got Lydia back and looked after her for a while. Me and Byakuya were the last two to be released as we apparently had the biggest relationship with Toko.

When I was allowed out I spent the whole day and night with my family. I had never missed anyone this much before, it actually physically hurt me when I saw them again. I adored them both and that night I slept in Makoto's arms and didn't move from them. He had also missed me but not as much as he had Lydia and Asahina for company, where as us three were kept separate from everyone and each other. I had been gone so long that Lydia could now walk, I had missed her first steps... But at least Makoto and Asahina were there with her when it happened and not just some random Social worker.

Toko and Byakuya had now fully recovered from the Genocider Jack attack, they just had a few scars. Byakuya's main scar was across his chest and a small one on his hand where as Toko had them streaking down her stomach, on her hands and a few small scars on her arms and legs.

But after that incident Byakuya  decided it was now finally time for him to give a relationship a go with Toko. I think he realised how much she loved him and that she would remain loyal to him. That ment that she moved into Byakuya's room which gave me and Makoto our own room.

Sho had openly told us all one evening during dinner that Byakuya was one guy she wouldn't kill after sleeping together. I was actually really happy for Toko because she had been working really hard for ages to get Byakuya's attention. Now she had it she was spending so much time with him and was being affectionate, but he still used her to his advantage as she seemed to almost worship him.

Makoto would never get anything like that from me and he knew it, we treated each other equally with me occasionally (most of the time) wearing the pants in the relationship.

Everyone seemed much happier than they had done previously and we had un intentionally formed a closely knit family. Yes none of us were blood related (except Lydia to me and Makoto) but we loved and cared for one another like a real family. But obviously, most importantly, we also argued and fought like a family. Admittedly most arguments formed between me and Byakuya, he just pissed me off sometimes.

Makoto and I had also been talking about the future that we could have together and if we wanted more children. Having Lydia really had brought in the idea that I would someday like another child, as she was an amazing first child. So relaxed and chilled about things and it really helped that she liked everyone which ment she didn't mind being left.

We were all young and had been through hell and back with going to Hope's Peak Academy but now finally we were happy and settled.

The only person who was still single was Asahina but she always seemed reluctant to get to know anyone. I think she was just nervous as we had now all known each other for years. But in the meantime she had Lydia to help look after. I never minded the extra help with her and it was fine as we all in the end got to spend more time with her. Hina seemed happy enough living with us and she still had her job at the donut shop. After the trials and questioning our jobs bacame hard to keep but luckly none of us lost them. I carried on working from home and a few days a week I would go into the station and Toko would look after Lydia for the day. Now she was older Lydia was more fun to be around as she was beginning to want to interact with things.