Chapter 49 - First Day Working

*Kyoko's pov*

The next morning I was woken up early by Soul, "Ay, Koko get up before Reed comes up here"

Slowly I sat up sleepily and looked at him, he then threw my uniform on my bed.

"Come on get dressed and I'll show you what needs to be done today" he said as he walked out of my room so I could get ready.

I sighed before getting up and changing into my uniform as today I was going to have to work. Once dressed I opened my door and Soul was stood there waiting for me.

"Come on then I'll show you your role here" he smiled as he walked off down the corridor.

I followed behind him and he just pointed out things that I could do like dust the library, wash the stairs, do the laundry and answer the door if Toby didn't do it.

Soul then went down to the kitchen and left me alone, I decided to start off I would dust the library. I hated dusting but I thought I might find something interesting in amongst the books. As I was cleaning I heard a knock at the door, I listened out for Toby but in a while another knock sounded. I put down the duster and hurried to the front door before brushing myself down and opening the door. On the door step a very well dressed gentleman stood with a young tatty looking girl.

"Hello I wondered if I may speak to Madame Autumn, I am here on private business"

"Who are you so I can inform Madame on your arrival?" I asked him.

"I am Sir Henry Williams she knows  who I am" he laughed.

"Right this way Sir Williams" I said as I lead him into one of the guest waiting rooms, "I won't be a minute, make yourself comfortable"

As he sat down he pulled the young girl by a chain he had around her neck. I hadn't yet seen the girls face but I was disgusted with how mean he was with her. She just slumped onto the floor by his feet as he sat down and got comfortable.

Swiftly I left the room to go and try to find Madame. I went straight to the room where I was taken yesterday and knocked on the door.

"Come in" called a voice.

Slowly I opened the door and went in, "If it isn't Kyoko what do you want?" Madame asked me.

"I'm sorry but a Sir Henry Williams is here to speak with you" I told her.

She growled before saying "bring him up here to me"

I just nodded as I rushed out of the room and back down stairs to the waiting room. Had I done the wrong thing I asked myself as I was confused with her reaction to hearing he was here.

He was still sat there waiting for me, "if you would follow me I'll take you to Madame" I told him.

He smiled as he got up and pulled the girl along with him. I led them up to Madame's room before letting them enter. Once they were there Madame waved me away so I left quickly.

Back dusting the book cases I thought about that girl, I felt like I knew her but I didn't know where I would know her from. Finally I had completely dusted the whole room and now I could move on to my next job. Out back in the main hall Buster came running up to me.

"Kyoko we have a new worker here for the time being" he told me.

"Who?" I asked.

"The girl who came with Sir Henry Williams but she won't talk to us, Soul is still trying to get her to tell us her name down in the kitchen" he said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me with him.