Chapter 57 - First Victory

*Kyoko's pov*

My body's cold and I can't move anything, what's going on? I'm drifting in and out of reality but nothing helps me to open my eyes or move any muscle.

I heard everyone, my family crying over my body, I wanted to tell them I was okay but I physically can't move. I'm not even sure how this all happened we found Toko then a group of Monokuma's attacked us. After I had shot a few my body fell limp and I could no longer move. Obviously they assumed I had died because I had been cut and hurt by the bears.

Where ever I am it's freezing and I can't move. I still had my eyes close but I could feel someone touching my body. Then there was a whimper and soft fur touched my face and neck, it was Nita. She was still with me, she must have realised I wasn't actually dead.

I focused every ounce of energy I had left into opening my eyes, it hurt like hell but finally they were open slightly. My vision was blured and I couldn't really see much but I was fighting this. I felt I had been poisoned with some kind of thing that paralyzed muscles. As I thought about it I remember when my thigh was stabbed by a Monokuma it purely did it for a reason as afterwards it backed off. He must have been carrying what ever was put into my blood stream for me to end up in this mess. Nita saw my eyes move and leapt up and barked to try and alert people.

Suddenly I heard someone open a door before asking "how the hell did you get in there?"

He then took Nita off me, and reclosed the door. Nita growled as she was taken from me but then did I realise where I was. I was in a morgue... I had been pronounced dead and was waiting to be put in a six foot deep hole.

I didn't even know how long I had been in here for, everything was just such a blur.  It must have been a few days as the blood on me was crispy on my skin. If I was right then this poison wasn't going to wear off soon, it was a wonder I was still alive.

Slowly my eyes closed again, I had lost what strength I had left. I was still going to fight otherwise I would die here.

*Makoto's pov*

We have been fighting for around three days now. All of us are tired but we are determined to clean this city and make it habitable again.

When we first started out it was only us 10 but quickly people came to help from The Last Hope and even from the town. So far we have done a lot of damage and there can't be many more left. Toko had been putting Sho to good use and all the kids work extremely well together. Byakuya and Asahina have remained a pair, so has Soul and Buster, the kids are a group and I have had Toko and Sho.

"Makoto behind you!" Toko shouted.

I turned just as a bear was about to pounce on top of me, out of reflex I shot it.

"Thanks!" I called back to her.

She just nodded and together we advanced further into the city. Now we could see the other side of town.

"Guys stay strong we are nearly there!" I shouted back to everyone.

Byakuya and Asahina were both on horse back so they would run down streets to lure out the Monokuma's whilst everyone else followed and shot them. The four kids on the other hand with a group of other people went round every house checking for any lerkers.

This place is in ruins but it will be the first town to be taken back by humanity if we win.

"Beast!" Toko yelled as she ran to me being closely followed by a Monokuma on all fours.

She leapt behind me and I shot it a few times but these bastards don't go down easily. It leapt ontop of me and lifted its claws to finish me off but Sho jumped on to it, plunging scissors into it. The creature screamed but shortly blew up and died. Sho laughed before looking down at me and offering her hand.