Chapter 67 - Confusion

*Makoto's POV*

Once everyone had woken up we all left to go and take back Hope's Peak completely. All we had left to do was destroy the Monokuma's inside the building then we would be victorious.

All of Ice's people were sat waiting for us, Toko and Byakuya were with all the kids, Komaru had the animals and I was with Buster and Kyoko. Neither of them had spoken much this morning but they seemed in higher spirits just from their body language.

Outside all of us rushed down the street to the gates of Hope's Peak and once everyone was inside we stopped. Everyone looked back at me and I said "I will close the gate and secure it shut to prevent anything escaping or entering, but that means all of us will be stuck inside until everything's finished"

Mutters came from everyone until they nodded at me so I locked the gates shut.

"Just as well, means no cowards or traitors can escape" Byakuya smiled at me.

"I doubt we have traitors" Avery told him.

"You would be surprised" Toko growled as she shot Ice a hard angry look.

He just sighed and shook his head and luckily Avery didn't bring it up anymore.

"Is everyone ready?" Kyoko asked.

"Yeah" people smiled back at her.

"No one will die in vain, we are all serving a purpose" I told them.

I then turned to Nori and Toko, they just nodded and both ran to the entrance to Hope's Peak.

"You ready?" Nori asked her.

She sneezed and Sho beamed back at him, "Always"

Unlocking the door they both rush in and then all of Ice's troops ran in followed by Nita and Spirit. Komaru took the rest of the kids with her, and that just left me, Byakuya, Buster and Kyoko.

"You two ready?" I asked Kyoko and Byakuya.

"We are to retrieve Soul's body from the classroom, got it" Kyoko repeated back to me.

"Then meet up with us after he is out of the building, but if things go wrong retreat and don't worry about us" I told her.

She looked away before looking back and me and reluctantly nodding in agreement.

"Same goes for you Byakuya"

"Oh believe me Makoto if things went wrong and I had a clear passage I would be out without a second thought" he smiled at me.

"Good luck" I told them as I hugged Kyoko and kissed her head.

Me and Buster quickly left the other two so they would have a clear passage to carry his body through.

*Kyoko's POV*

Byakuya looked at me and then together we ran towards the school.

"You better not have a breakdown Kyoko" Byakuya told me.

"I'm fine" I replied.