Chapter 24 - People?

*Makoto's pov*

When we got back to the canteen the other four were still there waiting for is to come back.

"Mum, Dad!" Lydia shouted as she ran towards us.

I picked her up and she hugged me "And Auntie Toko and Uncle Byakuya" she smiled as I handed her over to Byakuya.

She hugged Byakuya and he hugged her back and kissed her head, he never really showed much affection towards her despite how much she adored him. Asahina was still holding Avery so she got up and came over to us.

"Did you find anything?" She asked.

"Nothing, except for a few signs that people could be here" Kyoko told her.

"So there are more people then?" Asahina asked.

"It appears that way" Byakuya told her.

"T-they are going t-to kill us, I-I know it" Toko cringed.

That evening we all went into one of the dorm rooms to go to sleep. Well everyone except Derek, Kyoko refused to have him in the same room as everyone. She clearly didn't trust him. Me, Kyoko, Byakuya and Asahina all slept on the floor together and Toko, Lydia and Avery slept in the double bed together. It wasn't very comfortable sleeping on the floor but at least we were all together.

When morning came around Monokuma came over the speakers to wake us up "Gooooooood Moooooorning everybody" he said before he disappeared.

We all sat up and stretched before getting up. A knock came at the door and Byakuya went to answer it, it was just Derek.

Together all of us went down to the canteen to go and get some food.

Kyoko went to make us some breakfast and she came back and said "Some of the food is gone from yesterday"

"So there are more of us..." Asahina sighed.

"If food is gone there must be" Byakuya told us sturnly.

"H-how long until t-they kill us and why won't t-they show themselves t-to us?" Asked Toko.

"They are probably scared stiff and we are all close so that probably doesn't help" Asahina said.

We all looked at each other and I glanced at Kyoko who kept on giving Derek strange glances. She really disliked him with a passion. Kyoko then left us all again and went to cook us all some food. We had toast and bacon that she had found in the fridge. It was a really good breakfast and surprisingly she actully made some for Derek as well.

After breakfast we left the kids with Asahina and Derek whilst we four went to scout out the rest of the floors. If they weren't on the bottom floor then they had to be higher up. When we got to floor two me and Byakuya went off together to search whilst Toko and Kyoko went the opposite direction. This would save time and make sure we didn't miss anything.

*Kyoko's pov*

Me and Toko we given the other half of the second floor to search. It was nice just to have some alone time with Toko as we never got that anymore since the kids and relationships had formed.

As we walked we talked about stuff "Y-you know Kyoko, s-sometimes I actually miss sharing a room with you" she said to me out of the blue.

"Yeah it was chilled" I amitted.

"Yeah, and I guess that is where I formed my first real friendship" she sighed.

I looked at her and said "You had friends, I mean you had Byakuya"