Chapter 26 - Freedom

2-3 months later
*Makoto's pov*

Well we have been here for quite sometime now, Monokuma only showed up when things started to turn physical between Toko/ Sho with everyone who had been mean to her. He also turned up to provoke fights and arguments between people.

Derek had completely disappeared and no one knew where he had gone, not even Asahina. I think we all came to the conclusion that he had to be working for Monokuma as he only ran away when we found more people.

No one had died yet but attacks happened frequently between everyone, I think that was Monokuma's new entertainment.

Surprisingly Lydia and Avery were doing fine living like this, we kept them safe and out of the way of the other students. Avery was now coming up to a year old and he was becoming more interesting as he could now crawl everywhere. He could stand but not really walk anywhere yet.

Sleeping was also interesting as we had decided that me, Kyoko, Lydia, Byakuya, Toko and Avery would share a room as none of us wanted to be alone and it was nicer for the kids. Kyoko didn't trust any of the other students with the kids so they couldn't have their own rooms. That ment that Toko shared the double bed with the kids most nights and me, Kyoko and Byakuya got the floor with a few blankets. It wasn't comfortable but at least we were all together. Hina had her own separate room which she occasionally (most of the time) shared with Sakura.

Early one morning, around 3, our bedroom door was opened and I was half awake to see a figure walk in. Our light was then turned on which woke us all up. It took a while for our eyes to become adjusted to the bright light but when they did Derek was stood looking at all of us.

"What the hell are you doing?" Asked Byakuya as he sat up.

"I've come to help you get out" he told us.

"Where have you been all this time?" Kyoko asked.

"Getting in touch with people on the outside, and collecting evidence to bring this place down" he told us "I have arranged for a libaration group to come and attack this place soon"

"W-what about Monokuma?" Asked Toko.

"He must know what I've been up to, I have been doing this under his nose for a while now" he told us.

Kyoko looked at me and I knew she wasn't trusting this, I think Derek saw her looking at me and so he said "You don't need to trust me but seriously this is real and soon all of you will be free"

"How did you contact people on the outside?" I asked.

"Yes I would like to know that too" Kyoko supported me.

"I wasn't searched when I was brought here so I've been using my mobile, when you guys were brought here I snuck in with you, Asahina had told me about this place and I knew that I needed to help you all" he replied.

Kyoko nodded and Byakuya asked "What are you going to gain out of helping us?"

"Nothing just the knowledge that I helped bring all of you out of this place so you never have to live on fear again" he replied.

He seemed genuine but I could still tell that Kyoko wasn't sure. Both kids were now awake so there was no way we would be able to get back to sleep anytime soon.

We all just hung out in our room for a couple of hours until the door was thrown open.

"I am one pissed off principal!" Monokuma shouted as he stormed in "which one of you low life's brought an army here?!"

We were all silent and Kyoko looked at me in disbelief as Derek was telling the truth.

"If one of you's doesn't come forward then I will just have to kill the lot of ya!" he screamed at us.