Chapter 38 - Leaving Toko

*A few months later*
*Makoto's pov*

We are still searching for Kyoko and Toko but everything is just turning out empty. There can't be much of this town left for us to check, me and Byakuya have also been going out frequently to look.

Asahina has also joined The Last Hope and her role is very much the same as mine and Byakuya's. No longer does she wear her red jacket she now wears a white shirt, black jacket and a tie with tights and shorts. They tried to give her a skirt but she wanted to keep with her shorts so they just let her. Emir was also offered a place with us but her turned it down and said he would rather stay locked up in his cell. I think he was too scared to come back into the outside world again after being stuck at the airport for so long.

The kids stay with us or are looked after by someone higher up than us when we go out. They aren't a threat so they don't need to be kept in a cell. Hina has really settled in well here with us all, it is just a shame that we can't return to our normal lives.

But a part of me remain confident that soon we will find Toko and Kyoko, there can't be anywhere left really for them to be. I just hope that we aren't too late.

*Kyoko's pov*

These last few months have been hell. Since we have had Wolf being looked after by the doctor the boss, Fred, has told us we need to pay him.

Considering I think everything has been destroyed I told him we can't pay him money so instead he has got us to do hard physical labour. This involves us having to be strapped to huge chunks of rock and pull it to block up weak areas. My shoulders and back have been so sore and blistering, it now kills to sleep. Toko has very simular wounds to me but she also has marks where people have discovered that she is a serial killer. These people frequently hit and hurt her because of that fact.

I'm not a vet or a doctor but I am sure that the dogs leg should be fine now. They are just keeping us here to do all the hard labour which everyone else refuses to do beacuse we needed help from them.

I do sort of regret ever following that kid as we were doing okay out in the streets, a lot better than we are here. The only nice person here is actually that kid who often sneeks up to our quarantined room to feed us. When we are being used to do the work we are fed but no where near enough for everyone to get a proper portion of food. This often results in fights to brake out between other people trapped like me and Toko as everyone who works is starving, we are just lucky that he feeds us secretly. In return we have named him Nori, I'm not entirely sure where we got the name from but it suits him.

We need to escape this hell hole, the outside world seems like paradise compared to down here.

That morning we were woken up earlier than normal to two men in full body suits in our room. They then came over to me and took me out alone, to prevent Toko following they used a bat to hit her over the head to knock her unconscious. My hands were tired behind my back as I was forcefully taken out and into the open space where everyone else lived. Compared to them I am filthy and probably don't smell the best as we don't get the luxury of having baths or showers.

I was taken to a room near where the Boss dwells, and I was released before getting locked in there. The men in the protective suits had left me alone in the room. I scanned the whole area scared to what was going to happen, but still I had that fighter inside of me preventing me from freaking out. Now I had promised myself that I would get out of here with Toko and Wolf so we could find our family.

I was left waiting for some time until the door was unlocked and Fred walked in. He looked at me and gave me a weak meaningless smile but he kept his distance from me.