Chapter 70 - The Final Chapter

*Makoto's POV*

In the morning I woke up and I had forgotten about Nita coming to sleep with us. She was on her back with her head sharing Kyoko's pillow.

I smiled and tickled the dogs belly which woke her up. She rolled onto her side so her face was facing me and she had her back pressed against Kyoko. Her tail wagged at me and then she lent forward and quickly licked my nose. I smiled as I wiped the slobber from my face and then Nita got up and stretched before jumping off our bed. Kyoko made a noise but rolled over to try and ignore the fact that we were awake. I didn't mind and I got up with Nita and took her downstairs.

She bounced around and so I grabbed her lead and took her out for a walk around the block. Later I would get the kids to take her to a field for a run but it was a lovely morning so I didn't mind going out.

I took her passed Hope's Peak Academy and we stopped to look at it, "You see that building Nita? In a few weeks it will be opened again" I told her.

She looked up at me then back to the building, she whinned a bit.

"I know scary, but this time me and the others will be running it and never will despair take over like last time" I replied.

Her tail wagged and then I took her back home, our walk had probably lasted about an hour or 45 minutes.

Back home Kyoko was up and she was setting the table in the dinning room ready for everyone to come round today.

"I did wonder where you had gone" she smiled as she placed down place mats.

"I needed the fresh air and Nita needed the walk" I replied as I hugged her.

"I had a feeling" she sighed and then she looked at me, "you went to Hope's Peak didn't you?"

I was silent but finally nodded to brake the tension.

"I thought we agreed not to go back there or to even look at it, for all we care it can rot"

I hadn't told her yet that we would be taking over it and set it back up to carry on teaching Ultimates.

As I didn't reply she got suspicious, "what did you do?" She asked sounding annoyed.

It was almost like she could sense I had done something that she was going to disapprove of. "I... I" I started but I couldn't formulate the words needed to tell her.

She gave me her classic pissed off Kyoko face and now I knew I had messed up big time, either way she was going to kill me now so I decided just to get it over and done with, "I brought Hope's Peak Academy so we can all set it back up and use it for it's intended purpose"

Kyoko looked at me, she didn't seem furious like I expected she seemed fairly confused and not sure how to react.

"Why?" She finally asked after a while of silence.

"I want to keep hope alive and by doing that we need a school like Hope's Peak that harnesses talented students" I replied nervously.

She looked away and walked out of the room and into the kitchen. I guess I had fucked up pretty good.

Not wanting to upset her any more I finished setting the table and then went to wake all the kids up so they could get ready. None of them particularly wanted to get up but finally they were all moving around and getting dressed. As we were having a large lunch none of us had breakfast.

Within a few hours Hina, Soul, River, Spirit, Komaru and Buster all showed up. They went through to the living room and I went into the kitchen to get them all a drink. Kyoko looked at me and asked quietly "when were you going to tell me?"