First meeting

Alpha King Jackon P.O.V

I slammed my fist down on the mahogany desk hearing the thick wood begin to splinter. I let a roar escape my lips. This goddess damn paperwork. Signing on the dotted line here and initials there confirming and signing letters to the future possibilities that could represent me in the king's guard. It was Friday in less than 24 hours 240 men from all over the world will be flooding into my castle gates proving themselves that they are worthy enough to be a King's guard. From those 240 men, who I will work with and train, will be narrowed down to 40 within the first 2 months, then a further 20 will be cut in the next 6 months leaving 20 men left to complete the rest of the year and then 10 will be chosen to stand by my side in combat. 

I scanned the paperwork highlighting all key facts of each application form that was accepted. Highlighted each candidate's weakness to know what to use against them in training. It was a compulsory question that had to be answered with the truth. 

Each one repeating close to exactly what the other said, that they had no weakness as they perfected the art of not letting it bother them. Bullshit, everyone has a weakness. I pressed my hands against the edge of the table, pushing my chair away from the desk. walking towards the office door I flung the door open in my angered state formed from the boredom of the paperwork hearing it break the lamp and the side desk located behind the door. 

I strolled down the office hallway located on the east side of the wing, I heard voices in the near proximity I recognized them as my Beta and his mate. I envied him that he found his mate and looked happy every moment that they were with each other. He was one of the fortunate ones and found her when he first turned at the age of 16. On their 18th birthday, they finished the full mating process, they didn't leave the room for 2 weeks.

When I finally get my mate from her pack we won't be leaving the room for at least 2 months when we started the mating process, I will worship her every curve and dip in her body and mark her with her permission as soon as possible. I know who she as I met her before when I first shifted at the age of 16 when she was only 13. Before my father died or was murdered, he took great joy in visiting packs and on the day that I shifted he took me along to the black moon pack and that's when I first saw her standing there, innocent and beautiful.

5 year ago

"Jackson, now you have shifted and are a true wolf you will come and visit the best pack that follows our own." My father is dragging me to these events now that I have shifted and all I want to do is run around in the woods and bond with my wolf form, but my father had other ideas.

The journey to their pack was 15 hours from the castle, I didn't see the point in doing this, it was going to be a while till I took over the crown. By the time that we got to the pack grounds the sun was setting on our day of travel. 

We were greeted by the Alpha and his sons and the Beta and his family.  I smiled at them all and glanced at each Alpha child, I thought the alpha of this pack had a daughter. Just as the thought crossed my mind the most intoxicating smell spread throughout my senses.  Cinnamon and honeysuckle wrapped around my whole body making me feel like a piece of me, that I didn't even know was missing, returned. 

I glanced in her direction, her eyes catching mine and in that moment I knew that had not had her first shift and didn't know that I was her mate. I sadness washed over me at that thought but the joy of finding my mate sent shivers through my spine. 

I followed my father as he shook the hands of each high-ranking member of this pack. I came to shake the hand of the only daughter to the Alpha, my mate, I reached out my hand as she reached out hers. Our fingertips touching first and our hands wrapping around each other's hands. I felt the sparks fly instantly around my body, a smile spreading on my face to try and hard the fact I felt immense pleasure just from her hand shaking mine. 

"Harper, your majesty" she smiled and I felt that her smile alone could light up my world even in the darkest parts.  Her name was perfect as she looked. "Harper" I tested her name on my tongue and I sensed a small shiver go through her arm, even without her knowing that she was officially my mate, she could sense a strange pull towards me that was just not explained to her yet. 

"Harper," I repeated, "I'm Jackson."  A small gasp swallowed the buzz of noise forming a comfortable silence. A royal wolf was never to informally introduce themselves to another unless it was a family relation, friend or our mate. Every adult and person over the age of 16 knew or at least had an educated guess that it meant that Harper was the next Alpha Kings mate. The next Luna Queen. Everyone except Harper.

Present day

The thought of one day begins able to treat Harper like my Beta Benjamin treated his mate made my inwardly smile, but I have changed for the worse since I saw her five years ago. The thought of her rejecting me slipped into my mind and angered me greatly. I was a monster, I killed my own father. I killed men just for the reason that I could. I was a monster and Harper was an angel that deserved the world. 

A cough broke my track of thought, Ben was staring at me with a confused smirk on his face. He has been my friend since before the womb and it was only right for him to make him my beta. 

"You alright there Alpha?"  I nodded and then walked towards the kitchen grabbing a large coffee mug and a snack before heading back to my office and finalizing every detail, ready for the intense, cut-throat training tomorrow.