Him

Unknown P.oV
"He must die, I want his heart in my hand and his head on a stick. I want his mate  dead before I kill him." I whispered down the phone.
"Do you understand? He deserves the torture and the pain. Stating with the death of his mate."

"Yes sir" he spoke back. "We are working with the rogues, the message got to the King, the message boy is now dead. His heart ripped out." I growled in anger at another death due to the king.
"I will be at the warehouse tomorrow at dark, wait for me."

Harper P.O.V
After looking at the portraits and listening to stories about his mother I went back to my room. I planned on surprising Jackson this evening by moving into his quarters of the castle with him. I packed all my clothes away and began packing personal belonging, the picture of me and Jackson being carefully placed back in its box. I mind-linked Noah earlier to help me move into Jackson room and asked Ben to keep Jackson distracted while we moved.
I was halfway through placing photos of my parents in the boxes given to me when my phone lit up with a message from Noah.

Come to the gardens
I frowned at the text in confusion, what was so desperate that he needed to see me now.
I placed my phone in my pocket of the jeans before locking my bedroom door and heading to meet my brother.
I was standing in the middle of the castle gardens, dozens of roses of all colours decorated the acres of lands. A fountain in the middle of a single wolf. I looked around for Noah but I couldn't see him or smell his scent.
I sat down on the edge of the fountain brushing my hand into the water shivering slightly at how cold the water was.
I waited for five minutes before I decided that he wasn't coming. I stood up but was stopped when a familiar voice caught my attention from behind me.

"Hello, Harp." I stopped in my tracks before slowly turning around in the direction of the voice. A lump caught in m throat and panic rising in my chest.
I came face to face with him, the outside of the fountain the only thing from separating us.

"Alex" I gasped. Shock spread across his face and a million questions running through my mind.

Jackson P.O.V

I was sat in my office, Ben sitting directly opposite from me on the sofa talking shit like usual.
I signed the last piece of paper that I needed to for that day before resting my pen down and leaning back in my chair.

"Well, I think I'm going to call it quits. I'm going to go see Harper."
At that point Ben jumped from the sofa, his sudden action confusing me.
"No" he almost shouted, confusing me further.
"And why not?"
He looked around the room trying to find an excuse.
"Because...I thought we could go for a run"
I raised my eyebrow with suspicion but brushes the comment aside.

"Maybe another time." I stepped past him toward the entrance but he jumped in front of the door before I reached it. His actions starting to frustrate me.

"Ben, what is going on?"
His eyes went wide with worry, but his shoulders deflated as he moved out of the way to let me past the door.

"But don't blame me for ruining the surprise."

Surprise what surprise. I headed towards Harper room, Ben trailing behind. I took the outside walkway on the third level of the castle to get a view of the gardens I walked at s brisk pace impatient to see Harper.
My heart swelled when I smelt her scent and looked down at the garden to see her standing there, my mouth turned to a smile before I noticed a second scent that was familiar and when I saw a second figure I knew who it was. His hands on my mate.
A growl escaped my lips loud for Harper and the mutt to hear. Her head turned, her eyes closing with shame.
I walked away from the view
"Is this what you meant by a fucking surprise?" I yelled at Ben.

"What the fuck! I had no idea" he yelled back.
Of course, he didn't. I apologised and carried on in large strides towards the garden.

Harper P.O.V