Together

The cold air was blowing my hair around my face, Jackson eyes filled with happiness, the garden was perfectly lit but not overpowering making the moment for him to say the four words I have been dying to hear, perfect.

"From the moment I met you, Harper Silver I don't think I have met anyone more perfect. I messed up before and overreacted st situation I should have believed you in and I should have waited for you. But here I am the king, known to be cruel-hearted and ruthless, giving you my heart wearing it on my sleeve and telling you that I love you. I love how you laugh at the smallest of things and the way you nose goes a tinted light red your angry and how your eyes brighten to the most amazing shade of blue when you are happy, I love how you bite your lip whilst tugging and the hem of your top when your nervous You have been here for 2 months but it feels like two years. We may not have had the best start to our relationship but now I like to think it's where it's meant to be.'

Jackson walked closer removing a small box from his pocket. ' Harper, I'm not going to propose, not yet, but will you please make this official with me and become the next Luna queen and allow me to officially make you my mate.' He opened the box and the queens ring, that is placed on the right hand ring finger, glistened in the candle light.

The queens ring that his mother wore before was a simple band laced with black diamonds. His signet ring on his little finger, the opposite of the black diamond, set a small silver diamond in the center. He looked at me small smile on his face and hope in his eyes.

 He looked at me small smile on his face and hope in his eyes

Tears began to form in my eyes. a lump forming in my throat, I nodded once and held back a choked up sob. It may not have been a proposal but it was as equally as important. My right hand lifted towards his shaking slightly as he placed the band on the edge of my finger. As soon as the ring was settled in its place, it felt like a weight had been added to my shoulders and once we had gone through the formal ceremony I would no longer be just Harper, but Harper the Luna Queen, protector and persecutor of the lycanthrope world.

My arms wrapped around Jackson's neck as he scooped me into a tight hug before engaging our lips in a heated kissing session. His hands explored my curves and removed the hair tie from my hair letting my curls, his hands wrapping strands around his index finger while he cupped the back of my head keeping our bodies as close as possible to each other. I tapped his shoulder, slowly pulling away as my lungs began begging for oxygen. I met his green eyes and smiled before looking around and noticing the people surrounding us an awkward grimace on their faces, my cheeks heated up and began to turn red with embarrassment. Groaning internally I hid my face in Jackson's shoulder hoping that the world could just swallow me up.

Jackson's shoulders began to move and the vibration of his laughter made my cheeks blusher a more vibrant red. 'Let's get out of here.' he whispered into my ear, I nodded into his shoulder. His arms wrapped around my waist guiding us out of the garden back to the castle ballrooms. The lights of the ballroom where getting closer, I had removed my head from Jackson's shoulder a while back when he had informed me that it was just me and him. our hands had locked on each other like it was our job, the sparks flying rapidly up my arm and I knew he felt it too from the small smirk that was sitting on his lips. We reached the entrance of the ballroom, he pushed open the door, our footsteps echoing around the empty space. I carried on walking to the exit of the ballroom, but Jackson had stopped in the middle, dragging me into his body.

'Dance with me.' I looked up at him, his eyes filled with a shine that I had never seen before, but I loved. 'There is no music.' I replied. He shrugged, taking both my hands and placing them on his shoulders before wrapping his hands around my waist resting just above my bum.

I smiled up at him before resting my head on his shoulder for the second time that night, but this time was due to the moment being perfect. We moved side to side in the silences and to the outside, we looked like fools, but in this bubble that was just for Jackson and me, it was like we were at a ball just for us. His chin resting on mine head, his hands rubbing small circles into the small of my back.

'Why do you love me, Harper?' I stopped moving and looked up at the man in front of me rising onto the tip of my toes and pressed lightly on his.

'Because even though we pushed each other to the point of breaking point you never gave up, how even though you are meant to have this ruthless, cruel image, you let it all fade when you see me like I physically see that Jackson disappear in front of me. Most importantly I love you because you make me feel like the most important girl in the whole world.' I smiled and looked up my mate with admiration in my eyes. He leaned down and kissed my lips before pulling away. ' Plus you have an amazing body.' He laughed, a full belly busting laugh. Another reason why I loved him was his laugh, it had the ability to cure my sadness.

Eventually we walked out of the ballroom hand in hand towards the stairway between Jackson wing and mine. We paused at the bottom, I tucked my lip between my teeth playing with the bottom of my jumper. Jackson dropped my hand and the warmth that his body was supplying mine with, vanished.

'I guess we should be going back to our rooms' I took in a gasp of air, the though of leaving each other and going to separate rooms was not how I imagined the night to end. I sucked in a breath before taking his hand again and whispered in his ear 'Let's go ...together'

*****
Here is a chapter wooh
Hope everyone had a good Christmas if you celebrate it and that everyone has a good New Years
Thank you for all the read and comment along with the votes you guys are amazing
Love you all

Louise x