Chapter Twelve

Harper P.O.V

My father informed the pack of the Kings visit in three days ago. Today is the day that the king has planned is arrival but we have no idea on the time or a number of men he will be bringing with him. All I know is that Noah will be with them and that makes me unconditionally happy.

Rooms had been prepared and everyone had been ready for the duration of the Kings stay if they lived in the pack house.

One or the cooks were preparing the BBQ for the feast tonight and as it was summer we prepared the table outside, a top table for the king and his men to sit alongside my father and the beta family.

The cleaners were working hard making sure the alpha could see his reflection on the surface even if it was a muddy puddle. I never seen him so stressed he looked like he could go to a breakdown mode at any point. It was concerning but it would be fine once the king leaves in a day or two. Frankly, I don't understand why we have to perform such a parade in the king's honour. He is brutal and commits murder like it's his favourite pastime, why give the man a banquet when he deserves a cell.

I was preparing the garden with the rest of the girls for the royal visit which I had reluctantly agreed to help with. The whole day my father had Alex tending to the other side of the grounds to where I was, so I was a little annoyed at how little I had seen him today.
I had just finished setting up the tables with dining equipment before I went hang the lanterns.
I was adjusting the lanterns and plotting the remaining flowers that the pack which had given us.

I brushed the dry dirt off my knees when two arms wrapped around my waist lifting me up. My back pressing against his chest. 

I placed my feet back on the ground turning around and making contact with his lips.

"let's go for a walk."

Alex P.O.V

The Alpha had given orders to everyone for the day. Annoyingly I had not been able to spend time with Harper before we would be separated for 3 days. I had just finished clearing up the pack house when Drew mind linked me to meet him at his father's office.

Strolling towards the office I called out to Drew.

"Drew, Buddy where are you?" From out the office, cupboard popped out Drew holding a stack of books. He moved his head nodding me inside. I sat on the sofa with a questioning look on my face.

"when you arrived home I said I needed to tell you something important. It's about Harper."

My face instantly raised from looking at the sofa and directly at Drew. Worry surrounded my body at the thought of something being wrong with Harper.

"is she okay, what happened, what's wrong with her?" 

Drew shook his head. "nothing is wrong with her, the family knows who her mate is we have known for five years, I thought it was best to tell you before you found out in the worst way. That's why father sent you away for the past year." 

My heart stopped. Harper has her mate.
"Does she know?" Drew shook his head. 

"Not yet she will find out today."

I questioned why she would find out today, for a brief moment I forgot about the royal visit. 

"Who is it," I asked. Drew looked down no longer meeting my eye contact. "Who is Harper's mate?" I repeated. "Is he a member of the King guard, is he part of the castle staff?" 

Drew looked up from the desk, "it's neither a member of the King guard or a member of the castle staff." 

Fear ran through me, the idea of whom Harper's mate could be entered my mind. I sunk further into the sofa, my head in my hands.