Royal Ball Part 1

Harper P

Harper P.O.V

It has been a week since I have even seen Jackson let alone spoken to him. In less than 7 hours the ball was meant to start and I was still staring at my wardrobe trying to find anything suitable for a royal ball. I have exactly nothing, my clothes consisted of cocktail dresses and skirts nothing that was near acceptable. I gave up and walked over to my bed grabbing the nearest book starting to read, it's not like I had to go to the ball.

As I started my book a knock sounded throughout my room. I stood from my bed placing the book on the nightstand and walked over to the door but before I could open it 3 ladies with a rack of dresses barged into my room. 

"Umm hi." Each had a thick French accent, a fourth followed behind with trolly full of makeup and another full with hair necessities 

"His Majesty said we are to help you get ready for the ball tonight. You to pick a dress, shoe and we are to do your hair and makeup. So you go shower, shave, wash your hair and then we pick the  dress that will wow everyone."

I was so confused but I had no time to question as I was being ushered towards the bathroom, one of the ladies turned the shower on before leaving and shutting the door behind her as she left.

I spent 20 minutes in the shower before a knock interrupted me.   "Miss, are you nearly done?" a voice asked through the wooden door. I finished shaving the bottom half of my leg before stepping out and wrapping a towel around my naked body. 

"I'm just coming now." I grabbed my toothbrush and brushed them quickly before throwing back mouthwash and then spitting it out after 30 seconds. I walked over to the bathroom door flinging it open. Each woman jumped from their position, the room had changed around. My dressers were now in the center of the room at the end of my bed and shoes were laid out in their pairs all over the mattress. The dresses were no longer in their bags and were neatly placed on the railings, each one-floor length and beautiful.  The makeup was no longer in the boxes or stacked in the trollies but placed in colour order and product order on a table which was collapsible, the same with the hair equipment.

I was ushered over to the seat in front of the dressing table that had extra hair stuff lined out in front of the mirror. The lady didn't talk much at first, she just brushed my long brown locks and fiddling with strands of my hair placing sections in weird place trying to imagine the best hairstyle for the ball. 

"I'm going to do up hairstyle." She turned to face the other ladies in her room and they nodded, I didn't even know if I was supposed to speak or if I was supposed to let them just do what they wanted with my hair and makeup. I looked in the mirror behind the girls and saw the dresses hanging, a smile on my face at the beauty of them. One of the ladies caught me looking and smiled.  

"You can look, they all belong to you." I smiled and stood up from the chair walking over to the railing, the silk dressing gown brushing across the floor.