Pancakes and late night chatter

Harper P.O.V

There was a comfortable silence as we both sat and at our pancakes. Darkness had fully consumed the once blue sky and the quiet falling of rain on the window was the only sound.
Occasionally, both of us would raise our head from staring at our plates and share a small smile, each time my cheeks turned an embarrassing red causing Jacksons smile to grow bigger

I loved when he smiled.

Once I had finished I rest my knife and fork on the empty plate.

"That was delicious Harp." A smile spread across my lips at the new nickname he has for me.

"I'm glad you like them." 

I pushed my chair out and began to the collect his place at the same point as he began to reach for mine. His hand brushed mine causing sparks to fly due to a simple touch, I looked up from the plates and met his gaze that was already focused on me. Neither of our hands had moved from touching each other, the warmth from his touch spreading around throughout my body. My eyes were locked with his that I didn't realise he had raised his other hand to brush a fallen piece of hair from my face. His hand lingered on my cheeks forcing my head to lean into his touch and my eyes close in pleasure at how nice it felt to have his hands touching me.

"You cooked, I can clean it away." I opened my eyes and saw a small visible smirk resting on his mouth, he was pleased about how I reacted to his touch.  I inwardly rolled my eyes at his smugness, which I had secretly learned to like.

"Okay."  Even though both of us had agreed that we were about to starting clearing everything away neither of us moved, both of us too intoxicated by each other's touch. It was like we were drunk just on this feeling. 

Eventually, his hand fell from its place on my cheek taking all the heat with him. my wolf whimpering for his touch to return. Jackson collected the plates before walking to the sink on the opposite side of the kitchen.

I followed behind with the extra syrup and fruit, placing them in the fridge, purposefully brushing my arm against Jackson, I felt his body visible change in delight at my touch, a smug smirk now making its way onto my face.

The sound of the tap running into the steel sink grabbed my attention, my head turned in the direction of the water. The sight of Jackson in front of me quite literally took my breath away.  Jackson bare chest showed his flexed muscles as he began to wash the dirty pots and pans, I could not help but watch as his muscles tensed and un-tense.

I wondered over to the island that was directly behind the sink and had the perfect view of Jacksons back.  I pushed my weight onto the side of the kitchen side lifting my body to sit on the worktop, giving me the perfect view of the back of my mate that seemed to be crafted by the moon goddess herself.

I bit my thumbnail as I admired to every dent and curve, imagining my hands tracing over every inch of his body. My heart starting to beat frantically, I tried to regain my composure before Jackson heard the increasing in my heart rate.

"You alright there Harper, hearts beating pretty fast." I guess composing myself was not helpful. 

I was about to reply but a white scar caught my eye, curving its way around Jacksons rib cage. I jumped off the edge of the kitchen side and stepped closer to Jackson, close enough to breathe in his scent fully. I let my finger trace the scar, starting from the top of his rib cage at the back to the bottom of his rib cage on the front of his body.

His body tensed as I traced the mark around his body. 

"What happened?" His jaw clenched in discomfort at my question.

"My Father." his voice grew hard and anger was evident in his voice, just like the first time I had met him.

At the mention of his father, I should have stopped asking questions but my wolf decided to press the topic of Jackson's father.

"Jackson, why did you kill your father?"

*******

Please read

SO I have not updated in a while, I'm sorry for that. I have been in and out of hospital due to some health complication.

Really sorry that it is a short chapter but the next one is coming very soon as I have already started writing the next chapter.

Comment

vote

Louise x