Hard Goodbyes and new starts

Harper P.O.V

Friday evening came and the moon was beginning to rise, Noah had his bag packed and they were sitting at the front door of the pack house. I was sat looking at the 3 duffel bags and wondering if they would ever return with my brother holding them. 

I turned walking to the kitchen, grabbing my coffee mug from the cupboard and flicking the switch on the coffee machine filling the top with coffee beans. I watched as it began to form a fresh pot of pure coffee.  I was too focused on the coffee that I didn't notice someone had entered the kitchen until a mug was placed next to mine.

It was my dad. The beep of the coffee machine signified that the coffee was done brewing. I poured a cup full of coffee into my mug and then followed the same process with filling my fathers. 

"Harp, you can't keep ignoring us all forever. We didn't mean to hurt you by keeping this secret.We all know how close you are to your brother, all of them, but we didn't know how to tell you." It was like a well-rehearsed speech. Drew told me the same, Noah, Mum, Charlie and now my own father was giving the next identical speech. 

I grabbed the milk and added it to the coffee then taking it to the breakfast bar. 

"I'm not ignoring any of you. I just have nothing to say to anyone at the moment. I'm just worried for his safety that is all. " 

A tight smile forced its way onto my father face as he walked over and pulled me into a hug. 
"Noah will be fine, I have faith in the king that he will see that strength in him that I see in all my five children."

I turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his stomach "I'm just going to miss his" I mumbled into his chest while hugging him.  I felt another pair of arms wrap around frame smelling the air that it was Noah.

"I know you will Harp, I will miss you too." I relaxed into 2 of the most important men in my lives. I stayed in this position for a little longer before pulling myself out of their grips, wiping away the stray tears that haven fallen.  I glanced up at the clock on the kitchen wall, 7 o'clock, fifteen minutes before Noah was leaving.  I pushed myself away from my father and Noah just as the rest of the family came running down the stairs to say their final goodbyes.

The fifteen minutes went pleasingly slow. Noah hugged my mum and kissed her cheek as she cried at her son leaving home. He went down hugging Charlie and Drew then Jayden. All of them laughing and messing about like brothers do.Reaching my father he shook his hand before they embraced in a tight hug. I noticed my father whisper something in my brother's ear to which he nodded but I didn't hear. 

I smiled as he brought me into a final hug for a while, his chin resting on the top of my head. It felt like we were stood like that for ages before he pulled away kissing my head and smiling. 

I watched as he turned to the door picking up his bags heading towards his car parked on the drive of our home, a home that was going to be missing a piece. I waved as he began to drive out of our pack lands for the long sixteen-hour journey towards the castle of the Alpha King.

Alpha King Jackson P.O.V

They were all arriving, each man who believed they were suitable signing in and being shown their room and training group with whom they would share the room with.

I watched each man from the privacy of my own bedroom in the west wing of the castle. I was looking for one man, in particular, I have only met him once but I would recognise Noah Peters when he walked through my gates. He was talented in fighting and his speed was excellence, he would make a great Kings guard, it was also a bonus that he was my mate's brother.  Tomorrow training started, tomorrow these boys will become men and they will be put through their paces.  

****

So this is just a filler chapter and its really short, the book really starts in the next update, and trust me the build up to Harper and Jackson won't last too long.