Funeral day

Jackson p.ov

I looked in the mirror my cheeks puffy from the tears that I had cried. I tried to knot my tie but my hands were shaking out of sadness. I felt so alone like a part of me had just disappeared. How could she be gone?
I picked my jacket up from the chair and placed it on my body and brushed it with my hand into place on my body.
I picked up my shoes and walked to my bed, shoving my left foot into my shoe and knotting a bow then doing the same with the right.
I exhaled a shaky breath, I'm meant to be this powerful king but right now I was half a man, broken at the loss.
I closed my eyes, my eyelashes damp from the tears, memories of her smile and laugh danced through my head. I miss her so much already. There was a void now in my life that couldn't be filled.
Anger and sadness have filled up in my body and all of a sudden I felt my wolf take over, who was also feeling the loss, I took a picture and threw them against the ground the frames shattering. I turned towards the mirror and punched my fist into the glass watching as it splintered into a thousand pieces. I tore the pillow in half watching as the feathers floated down to the ground. I began breaking the sides of the bed listening to the metal bent and then snapped.
I walked over to the balcony and flipped the table over the edge and watched as it smashed against the concrete. I let out a roar before my knees gave way and I collapsed onto the ground my shoulders shaking with sobs.
I heard my door open but didn't raise my head. I felt arms wrap around my shoulders and I cried harder. She was gone.

'I know buddy, I know' Ben soothes as much as he could.
'She's gone, how could she be gone.' I sobbed loudly and I could feel my wolf whimper at the loss.

Ben carried on rubbing my back as I sobbed onto his shoulder. The door closed again and in walked Julie.

"It's time" she whispered to Ben in the hope I wouldn't hear. I felt as Ben nodded, I lifted my head from his shoulder and wiped my tears from my face, I rested my weight on Ben as I got up from the ground, coughing slightly and smoothed down my suit jacket.
I walked over to Julie and hugged her before all three of us left for the funeral parade for the ones that lost their lives. Including hers.

I walked out to graveyard everyone bowing their heads which I nodded back with a stern look on my face. I inhaled and then exhaled, my breathing restoring itself to normal.
I looked at the sad faces, crying parents, grieving mates, lost children.

I looked at the 32 coffins that lay in front of me prepared for the ceremony.
I took my place on the podium with my speech in mind.

'32 wolves have lost their lives. Some were fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, mates and all were someone's child. I'm am deeply saddened by the loss of some great wolves. They will be dearly missed and never forgotten-' half way through I turned and saw Noah, his face held no emotion, he was broken. We all were. I felt a lump form in my throat and coughed trying to remove it.

'We honor those today with a celebration of their lives tonight. For now, we will watch as our loved ones are set a light and join the moon goddess on their next journey.'

The first coffin was set on fire, each time one was set alight I would say the name and age then followed with  everyone chanting 'to the moon'

'Michael Cavana 23'

'Mia Thomas 14'
My voice was shaky as I knew the last name was fast approaching and I didn't want to say it.

'Lastly, someone close to my heart' I stopped trying to find the strength to say her name and say goodbye. I looked down at the piece of paper her name feeing highlighted from the others.
I ran my tongue around my mouth to try and stop myself from crying.
I couldn't say it, it felt as if I was being stopped if I say her name she will actually be gone.
I felt some behind my and physically relaxed as her hand wrapped around mine, taking the paper from my hand and reading the last name for me.

'And lastly someone very close to us all, Princess Anna 18'
I turned towards my mate and looked at her and pressed my thumb against her cheek and kissed her as they set alight to my sister's coffin.

She had recovered quickly after the battle with Clive. Harper has been a support system for everyone an amazing Luna. The past week she had prepared the funeral offers sympathies and support for the families that lost someone and bounced between being there for her brother and me.

Once it was known that Anna had died we discovered  Noah was her mate meaning both Noah and I need Harper. She has been my saviour this week and a half. Harper blames herself for the death of Anna but it was not her fault and  I try to tell her this but I can still see in her face that she still blamed herself for her death. I felt Harper wrap her arm around my waist and I felt my body relax into her arm. 

she rested her head on my arm and I felt her press her lips against my arm. I looked down at her and kissed the top of her head.

'I love you, Harper.' 

She smiled whispering 'I love you.' I watched as her eyes drifted towards her brother who was surrounded by his family just starting at Anna's burning coffin. 

'Go' I nudged Harper, but she shook her head and wrapped her arms around me. 

'he has my mum and dad. I want to stay with you. You need me still, you just  lost the only family you have left.'

I shook my head and kissed her lips, it was soft and gentle. 'I have you, you are now my family.'

I watched as she smiled and rested her body on mine as I watched Noah watch his mate disappear.  I rested my chin on the top of her head,  I couldn't imagine losing Harper.

****

so update again

it nearly coming to an end but I have some news so keep your eyes peeled for the news. 

I hope you liked Jackson's P.O.V.

so Anna died. I know she was not really part of the story  but she was important to Jackson and the only familly he had left.

Comment 

vote 

thank you for all the support and pleasre carry on reading I love you all!!

Lou x