Chapter fifteen

It was the next morning and the sun was pounding through the front mirror. I got up and walked over to the window staring out at the acres in front of me. You could see the whole grounds from here. The buildings that were scattered the massive training centre on the right of my window. I glanced down at the training session going on, I spotted my brother in seconds he was paired with some smaller version of him and were practising combat skills. I moved my eyes over all the boys watching their control and skill. That's when I saw him and he was already staring back at me. My breath caught in my throats and his beauty, I looked over at the flowers and remember that last night conversation I had with Noah, I said I would give him a chance but not yet. It was too soon. With that, I turned away closing the curtain on me. The king will have to beg

I jumped in the shower washing my hair and covering myself in my body wash before rinsing it off and watching it swirl down the drain.Once I had dried my hair and body I pulled on a Victoria Secret matching set, I stood in the wardrobe looking at the rails of clothes trying to decide what to wear. Eventually, I decided on a striped t-shirt dress and wrapped a denim jacket around my hips before slipping on socks and a pair of white converse.Just as I finished my tummy rumbled telling me I was hungry and thinking about it, I was starved. Now the only problem was trying to find the kitchen in this place.I took a couple of lefts and 3 right and went down a really long stairs case and accidentally walked in a massive hall that was beautifully decorated before I finally was directed by a maid to the kitchen. I heard movement and rattling inside and hushed yelling but as I opened the door the noise ceased and everyone moved to stare at me in shock. I was intimidated by the many pairs of eyes staring back at me.

A man in a white hat and overalls was the first to speak.

"What are you doing in the kitchen"I was very confused and annoyed with my man's tone."I'm hungry so I came to the kitchen where the food is."

He was taken back from my comment which confused me even more.

"None comes into the kitchen normally they just sit upstairs where the meals are served as if the are hungry throughout the day they mind link me, or if you are the alpha or beta or their family they have their own personal kitchen. But you are clearly you wouldn't know that you not from here. Are you one that the king saved? So you wouldn't have a kitchen "

It finally made sense, I don't know why it took so long, this was the kitchen for everyone and the man that I spoke to what the chef. It makes sense it is a place after all.He didn't let me answer his question he just started to potter around the kitchen throwing stuff in a pan. I was still stood there sticking out like a sore thumb. I began to look around the room and walked into the pantry when I saw everyone stop and nod their heads.What was going on?I smelt him before I heard or saw him, I walked out the pantry, my eyes connecting with his automatically. I stood there a harsh frown on my face and a raised eyebrow with my arms crossed off my chest.He nodded in my direction I which I just looked away from.I could see the kitchen staff eyes looking back and forth between us, not understanding what was going on.

"Show your respect to the King, girl." The chief spoke again. I ignored te comment and continued to the just look everywhere else but Jackson.

"Harper" his soft voice and accent made my name sound amazing, I had to resist the urge to shiver. I looked away still.

"Jackson" my tone was bitter and harsh.

I heard the staff gasp with shock at how I just informal addressed the king.I saw from the corner of my eye Jackson's head look down." did you like the flowers"

Of course, I liked them there my favourite and you knew that you piece of shit. I thought but resist the urge to say it knowing it gave him satisfaction knowing I liked them.