Coronation

Harper P.O.V

It's been 2 months since I was asked to be the official queen, the past month have been havoc preparing and organising my coronation. I moved into the royal quarters the day after I and Jackson spent the night together. We just slept with each other, his arms protecting my body, it finally felt perfect. I was preparing the final order of flowers for the coronation on Friday evening, the ball-gown had been chosen, the seating plan had been set, the invitations had been and now the last placement of flower arrangements was being prepared ready for delivery tomorrow morning. A constant feeling of feeling sick was stuck in the back of my throat, but I just placed it down to nerves. At points during the past 2 months, I have forgotten about the ring that was placed on my finger, at points, it would catch in the winters sunlight and sparkle.

A fresh layer of snow has blessed the ground this morning, the icicles were hanging with grace from the rooftops and doorways. The sun was just starting to make an appearance from behind the forest trees. I watch from the balcony wrapped in a warm blanket holding a mug of coffee as the darkness disappeared. The frosty air nipping at my nose, a gust of wind blew in my direction forcing the balcony doors open. I turned around in urgency to make sure that the loud noise of the doors didn't wake Jackson. I smiled at his perfect self still peacefully asleep in our bed. Placing my coffee on the balcony table, I walked over to the door and re-closed them to keep the cold out the bedroom, Jackson had been so stressed recently and wasn't getting enough sleep, that I didn't want to have to wake up before he was ready.

I tightened the blanket around me before picking up my coffee and resting my arms on the balcony ledge, breathing in the cold air exposing it to my lungs. I loved this time of year. It amazed me how the time had gone, I arrived back at the end of Summer and here I was in winter, preparing my coronation. The time had just chimed 8. It was Friday morning. The day I would be crowned queen. As if they had been waiting, men and women rushed out from their house and began setting up the chair ready for the crowning outside. The black carpet that started from the house to the start of the forest was being rolled out. the harsh colour standing out against the pale completion of the snow. The warriors that were left from the 240 men were carrying chairs and started lining them up, I caught sight of my brother's brown hair and smiled as he began to set out lines of chairs. I could see everything from the balcony, my vision of my coronation coming to life just how I had imagined it. From the distance, I could see the nature coven of witches walking to the front gates, the one that Jackson had asked to help with his proposal to me to be Queen. The flowers that they had grown and designed were being held carefully in their hands. The candles that they were going to help float in the air above the guests were waiting for them in the kitchen. The ceremony would take place as soon as the sun had set fully, but the preparations that took months of planning would take hours to make perfect.

I watched enchanted by the actions of everyone on the ground that I didn't notice two arms wrap around my body. His scent engulfed my sense, I hummed in please at the new warmth his body provided.

"what are you doing?" Jackson morning voice whispered into my ear, I rested my head against his shoulder allowing his head to fit into space on my shoulder.

"Just watching everything, the witches have arrived, you should greet them." His body tightened behind me, "but I don't want to, I like it here. With you." He sounded like a four-year-old boy being told to clean away his toys. I laughed at his attitude shaking my head at the pout that I knew was on his lips.

"The quicker the know what they are doing, the quicker things can get started and the quicker the after coronation can happen." I turned around in his vice-like grip kissing his nose. Both Jackson and I had agreed that once I was queen, he would mark me and would finally mate. The past two months have been torture, the slightest touch of his hands against my skin made my body ache for his touch everywhere. At the mention of tonight private events between just us Jackson was quick to start moving, yelling orders to no one and running around frantically in our room and in and out the wardrobe to look presentable for the witches. I laughed at the actions of my mate, again shaking my head.