Ch. 2 I hope she comes back

CH 2 I didn't mean too

Dalton POV

"This is insane." My father said and everyone was agreeing.

"Sweetheart." My mom called out to me and I look up at her and saw Penelope.

She had tears rolling down her eyes. I noticed my mother was crying but what made my heart almost stop was the silent tears running down my little girl cheeks.

"She doesn't remember any of us. Doctor how long will this last." Melanie mother asks and I didn't move my eyes from my daughter to the doctor. My eyes stared at Penelope. she said her first word, Mama to her mom and she was denied her mother's touch.

Anger fume inside me but I held it back.

My mom senses the need of me wanting to be with my daughter.

she handed Penelope to me

"I'm sorry but I have no way of answering that. " I heard him say and I kiss Penelope head whispering sweet words in my daughter's ears to calm her down.

"Why is that?" Melanie brother ask and I answered the question.

"There's no way of knowing when someone can get their memory back, it might take weeks, months, or years, or she may never remember," I said whispering the last part.

But being in the quiet room, I knew everyone heard.

Melanie sister gasp and Penelope gently touch my face She had her mom curly hair that I love so much and her heart shape face.

"Happy Birthday Princess Penelope," I said and she smiled at me making baby noises. This had to be the worse and best birthday for her.

"It's her birthday?" We turned around and saw Melanie standing in front of the hospital room restroom, her arms wrapped around herself.

My heart stop. I knew why she did that, a gentle gesture to strangers eyes but not mine.

She only did that when she was nervous. when she was nervous or shy of her speaking. When she has attention on her. she was my Melanie, I had to know that. Even though she didn't know me.

I smiled at her

"Are you nervous?" I asked her and she seems shocked but nodded.

"How did you know?" She asks and my smile went away.

"I just know, yes it's her birthday today. She's two." I said and I saw her touch her stomach

"Do you want to hold her?" I asked and she looks at me and then looks at Penelope.

"No.," she said and made her way towards the hospital bed.

"She's your daughter, maybe if you just hold her........" Melanie mother started saying but Melanie cut her off.

"Listen I hear what you're saying but I don't remember her, I don't remember any of you, I don't remember having this beautiful baby and today is her birthday. I don't remember anything I'm sorry. Doctor Nilla when will I be discharged?" She ask him and we all turn to look at him

"I was planning on discharging you today." he said and my mom's eyes widen

"But...... but she doesn't remember anything," she said and Dr. Nilla nodded.

"Yes I understand but there's nothing we can do, the best thing for her is to be home, even though she doesn't remember we must have faith that she will gain her memory soon." He said and Melanie got up from the bed

"Okay, that's fine. I feel weird being here anyways I don't know why but I do, I hate the smell," she said and I look at her.

knowing why she did, even if she didn't I knew.