CH. 51 She remembers

(Dalton POV)

I did not leave Melanie's side, even when we were in the hospital getting her check out, also when we were being questioned by agents, even when they were taking our statements.

A lot of things were making news coverage; the FBI was one of them.

It was exposed that the main suspect was part of the FBI, which had the media go crazy, and people were, of course, going to talk about it nonstop.

A Serial abductor, rapist, and killer was part of the FBI this whole time, and they couldn't figure it out?

The world was going to eat this up, and the FBI was going to have some severe backlash from this.

When Melanie was in the hospital with me, getting tests run on her and everything else, like all the other women that were trapped down in that sociopath basement.

I was holding her hand, smiling at her softly, and she was rubbing my hand with hers.

Each time she did that, my heart clench.

My wife is back, yes. I know she was always here with me, but she has her memories again.

I had called our families and caught them up with what happened, of course, they were furious still that the girls went to the FBI, especially angry and scared when I told them that they were abducted again by the sociopath but when I had told Melanie and Tiara parents, what Tiara did, I could hear and feel their emotions through the phone. Their father and my father clapped their hands a matter of fact; then I told them that Melanie got her memories back I heard the gasp that came through the fun, as each family member that was on the group phone conversation were rushing to the hospital.

I had ended the call when they told me that they were on their way to the hospital. "I'm so happy," I said to Melanie; she smiled at me.

"I am too; I am so happy." She said. Tears were falling from her eyes.

I pressed a kiss on her lips.

"My sweet little mouse is back," I said, kissing her again, she held the back of my head and deepened the kiss.

"I love you," I said against her lips.

"I love you too, forever, and always." She said to me, pulling back and running her fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry I've caused you so much worry." She said, and I shook my head.

"Baby, no. Don't apologize; it's okay. I'm so glad I have you with me. When he took you three, my heart dropped. I was so scared; it made me feel better knowing that Chris was able to mind link with Kassie and that Derek was able to track Tiara." I said Melanie's eyes widened.

"Oh, well. Derek said she had a tracker on Tiara. Not sure if Tiara knows or not." I said.

"Isn't he with her now?" Melanie asked me. She was rubbing her temples.

"Yes, he's with her right now. Not sure what it is between them but from what I see, it seems like Derek seems to care about Tiara a lot and do you have a headache, do you want me to get you more water?" I asked her, worried about her head hurting.

I know her headache was killing her when she was down in the basement, and I wasn't sure if the problem was sustained right now, the best I could do for her is get her more water.

"No, it's okay. It's just a little headache and neck pain-" She started to say but stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.