CH. 24 We're a family

(Dalton POV)

Melanie was still sleeping in my arms, I rubbed her shoulders hearing her soft snoring. It feels amazing having her here in my arms. I know the fam was going to bring Penelope home soo, they offered to keep her over and I appreciated them for all they do but I really wanted my daughter and wife in the same place with me.

My phone made a ding noise, and I knew it was a text message letting me know that they're outside the house.

I looked down at Melanie and my heart almost burst on how beautiful she looks.

Fuck, I am definitely obsessed and in love with my wife. As I should be, if anyone doesn't love their spouse in that way then there isn't love in that relationship at all.

I pressed a kiss on her forehead, gently pulling myself out of her. It wasn't a joke when I let it be known that she like me being inside of her still after each love session.

It was just how she and I are.

I watched as she stirred a little, making a funny facial expression that had me almost chuckling.

I touched her face softly, watching as her facial expression soften.

It was something that I knew to do when she got that way, especially when I got her back.

My heart clenched on the memories that tried to make their ways to my mind but I pushed them away.

We just made love, I shouldn't be remembering the bad memories.

I slowly got out of the bed and made sure not to wake her up.

I threw on my sweat pants and a T.shirt.

Grabbing my phone, I walked out of our bedroom and headed downstairs towards the front door.

I opened the door to be greeted by both sets of parents with worried looks on their faces and Penelope asleep in my mother's arms.

"Is everything okay?" Pops asked me, Melanie's dad.

I nodded my head, giving them a soft smile.

"Yes, we're okay. She's upstairs sleeping. Today was a chaotic day indeed but we'll get through it." I moved aside so everyone could come in.

"Tiara called me to let me know what happened, those girls and their plans were absolutely crazy. I was going to give her a speech until I remembered everything and realized that they just simply had enough. I put myself in their shoes, knowing that I would probably do the same thing." Mama 2, Melanie mom said.

I nodded my head, letting them know how exactly I felt with everything that went down today.

"It was extremely something crazy, but eventually it would have happened. We all know how Melanie feels about backing down. She doesn't, she never backs down and she never gives up, so eventually, something like today would have happened." I said, getting nods from them.

"Yes, she's still Mel. Even though she lost her memories doesn't mean she isn't herself." My mother said. I nodded my head, I lowered my head. Smiling at my daughter who was fast asleep.

"She's been up all day." My mother said, giving me sleepy Penelope.

"We should all get some rest." My mother said. Everyone agreed, we talked for a couple of minutes before telling each other good night.

I closed the door, locking it and turning on the alarms as I watched on the screen as my family enters their cars to leave.

I had cameras and alarm systems installed all over the house, but even that didn't bring ease to me, that fucker is still out there.