CH.8 This isn't going to be easy

CH. 8 This isn't going to be easy.

(Dalton POV)

So here I am, taking a seat in front of my wife. Getting ready to tell her everything, well not everything but anything she desires to ask. I was going to tell her because I will always be an open book to her and as much as I want to be an open book to her right now. Some things you have to just hold in for a while.

"Can I just ask random questions? Questions that randomly pop in my mind?" She asks me and I nodded, giving her a smile.

"Of course you can," I told her, I mean. Melanie before knew everything about me. I don't mind telling her everything again.

"Okay, what's your favorite color?" She asked and I tried to hold back a laugh, I was hoping she was going to react the same way I told her my favorite color the first time I met her but I knew that was impossible.

"My favorite color is Brown." I said and her eyes widen, "Really? Brown, wow. What do you like about Brown?" She asked me and I had to stop the thrill that started running through my body.

"You know what's funny you asked me that same question the first time I told you that my favorite color was Brown and do you want to know the response I gave you?" I asked her, knowing that she wanted to know the answer.

"What?" She asked me, staring at me with a curious look on her face. The same curious look she had on her face when we met and she asked me my favorite color.

She brought both her hands up and held her face, smiling. God she looked cute.

"I like brown because my favorites are brown

"I like brown because my favorites are brown. Chocolate is a deep brown, devil food cake is brown, your skin is Brown and those are my favorite things. So I guess you can say that your beautiful skin color is my favorite color." I said. Her eyes widen even more and I gave her a smile, I didn't know if I went over any limit.

I mean was it wrong to flirt with your own wife? Even though she doesn't remember being your wife... I push the thoughts away from my mind.

She's alive, that's all that matters and she will get her memories back.