CH. 48 YOU!

CH. 48 YOU!

(Melanie POV)

(Oh shit, long update and crazy chapter ahead)

I was walking with Tiara, Kassie, Derek, and the two other men.

I didn't like that we just split up.

"Did we just split up?" I asked out loud.

"Yeah, we just did. I have no idea why we ended up doing that. Especially with the suspect having to be in the FBI, the same building we are in right now." My sister said.

Derek was staring at her as she spoke.

"Dalton and Chris wanted to talk to the agents without the directors there, and since the director and the director deputy offered to show us the technical analysis, then that would be a good excuse that would get them out of the way," Derek said just for us to hear, as we continued walking behind the Director and Director deputy.

A feeling was overcoming; something was telling me that something was going to happen.

"Well, I hope they find out some good information," Tiara said.

"I won't let anything happen to you girls," Derek said, there was no hiding the gentleness that was heard in his voice.

There was no hiding the way he looked at my sister.

The same feeling was still bothering me.

"Well, I'm glad you're with us because I don't trust this building," I said.

I looked around the hallway.

Cameras, cameras everywhere.

Cameras.....

"They have everything monitored, so it goes beyond me how they're still unable to figure out who the suspect is, especially if he is part of the FBI and the fact they have everything monitored with top security here," Tiara said.

That was true; this had to be someone capable of going through that, someone that they wouldn't question.

"Alright, we are here." The Director said, holding the door open for us.

We went in.

My heart was slamming against my chest.

This wasn't right.

"Well, this room is impressive," Tiara said.

"Yes, our technical analysis Edward works in here. He's the best technical analysis and his work speaks volumes." The Director said.

"If he's the best, then how come the case isn't solved," Tiara mumbled.

"Where is he?" I asked.

I was scared to ask the question.

Why was I scared?

The door opened.

My body stilled.

"Edward, sorry for the surprise in your space. We wanted to show them around." The Director said.

The man's eyes widened, he made direct eye contact with me.

My palms were sweating; my heart was beating against my chest.

I showed no reaction on the outside.

His stare moved from mine.

"That's fine, Edward Pines. Nice to meet you all." He said.

'Run now.' My inner voice said.