ch. 29 Hope this Helps

CH. 29 Hope this helps

(Dalton POV)

The question she did ask me earlier did cause me to feel a sudden strike of sadness.

It was a simple question, but if she had remembered the meaning behind that subject, she would not have asked it.

It wasn't her fault; none of it was ever her fault.

I know that, but no part of me could tell her something this awful right now, maybe later on, or maybe she'll eventually remember.

I think I don't even want to tell her, she doesn't have her memory right now, and I don't want her to jump to conclusions about why that happened. I don't want her thinking that she is to blame, I never want her thinking things like that.

So, of course, I felt relief when she dropped the question after I switched it around.

I knew she noticed, and maybe she realized that it was something that I didn't want to discuss.

Now here we were, getting ready, so I could take her to one of the places our little family adores.

We went into our bedroom to change and get ready; I watched her get ready and dress up our daughter for the day. As she dressed up Penelope, the smile on her face made my heart leap.

I got ready also, wondering how Melanie would feel about the place we were going to, but I knew she would love it because she had loved it before, but of course, part of me was nervous.

What if it's different this time?

I shook my head, shaking the thoughts away. I didn't need any negative thoughts taking over my mind, so I set my mind to rest and continued getting my hair the way I wanted.

I looked at the mirror and nodded, accepting my appearance and liking how I looked.

I heard a whistle. I turned around and saw Melanie looking at me, with Penelope in her arms.

"You look so handsome." She said, causing me to smile. I instantly felt my cheeks get hot at the compliment.

She kept staring at me, and I wondered why she was staring at me until she spoke.

"You have such a beautiful smile." She said, and my heart fluttered.

My fucking wife, who always compliments, is here, giving me compliments that flatter me all the time.

My smile widened even more as I walked toward her and press a kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you, beautiful, thanks for being sweet," I said, looking down at her.

"Of course, anytime. Do you mind holding her, so I could do my hair?" She asked me, and I nodded, taking our daughter from her arms.

She walked further into the bathroom and started doing her hair process.

I glanced at her as she worked with her hair; part of me wanted to stay in the bathroom a little longer so I could see which hair product she would go with, I already knew her hair care routine, but the thing was. Did she know her hair care routine?

I walked out of the bathroom with Penelope in my arms and towards my closet to grab a jacket.

Penelope started playing with my ear, and I smiled at that because it was something she liked doing when she was in my arms.

"You like pulling and playing with my ears, don't you, princess," I said, turning my head to her.

She let out a cute giggle that had me laugh with her.

"You're such a character; you know that?" I told her, giving her a forehead kiss.

"Alright, I'm done," Melanie said, causing me to turn around.

My eyes widened when I saw what she did with her hair; it was one of the hairstyles I liked.

"Do you like it?" She asked me, looking at me shyly.

"I love it very much," I said, being honest with my words because it was the truth.

It was one of my favorite hairstyles that she does with her hair.

"It's a hairstyle that I adore that you would do from time to time, and I like that you did it today," I said.

Her eyes widened.

The hairstyle was of her hair parted down the middle, the middle part of her hair in a ponytail, and the back of her hair loose.

"You do? Wow, I honestly just felt like doing it. I thought it would go well with the outfit, also. I'm glad that it's one of your favorite hairstyles. Something just told me that this would be a good hairstyle to do for the day." She said, smiling at me, and I nodded my head.

"Ready to go?" I asked her, and she nodded, grabbing her purse and phone.

We headed down the stairs and I grabbed everything I needed. I ensured the alarm was set on all over the house, including the cameras. I also made sure the camera sensors were on too around the yard.

"There's a lot of protection around here," Melanie said softly.

"Yeah, it's needed," I said, grabbing my keys and phone.

"Let's go, my ladies," I said, holding Melanie's hand and still having Penelope in my arms.

I closed the door behind us and made my way toward my car. I opened the passenger door for Melanie, made sure she was in, and then closed the door.

I made my way towards the back door and opened the door for Penelope.

I placed Penelope in her baby chair, making sure everything was secure.

"You're going to be a big girl on this drive for me, okay? We've got your snacks here. Your favorite tv show is going to be playing, and you're going to be a good girl for Mommy and Daddy, okay?" I asked, and Penelope smiled at me.

"Okay," I said, giving her a quick peck on the lips.

I closed the door and made my way towards the driver's side.

I got into the car and started Penelope's show for her in the back.

I pushed open the gates of our home, waiting for them to open, and pulled out of the gates.

"I was wondering when you will go back to work?" Melanie asked me.

"Well, I'll go to work soon, but Melanie, it's my restaurant. I'll be fine, I've been checking up on everything, and things seem to be going okay. You just got back home, and I want to spend as much time as possible with you. You and Penelope will always come first." I told her.

I glance at her to find her already staring at me.

"I was just wondering, and I'm sure you miss it. I just wanted to know." She said, and I let out a sigh.

"I'm not upset, baby, I know what you're thinking, and I want you to know that I am where I want to be right now," I said, meaning my words and hoping she knew that also.

"Being with you this way means everything to me. The world could stop as long as I have my family and dearest people by my side. I'll be fine." I said.

It was quiet in the car until she spoke in a soft voice.

"You're an amazing man." She said, causing my face to get hot.

"You've seen nothing yet," I said, smirking.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

We've seen nothing yet? You're serious? Damn Dalton, you've got it like that, huh?

Ugh, isn't Dalton dreamy? Can we call him Dreamy Dalton?!

Lol, give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu