CH. 25 Something I remembered

(Melanie POV)

I woke up to find myself the only one in bed, I let out a yawn looking around my surroundings and came to the conclusion that I was also the only one in the bedroom.

Last night was amazing, just the way Dalton was and recalling the images caused pleasurable shivers to run down my body.

I knew yesterday, when we were both cuddled up and ready to sleep wasn't a dream.

I heard what he said and it made my heart clench from hearing the emotions that were found in his voice.

'No one is taking you away from me. You're mine and I am yours.' the words ran through my mind. I sat up on the bed, looking around me and my eyes landed on the bathroom door.

I definitely needed to brush my teeth and take a shower.

I got from the bed, feeling soreness all over my body.

"Damn," I said walking towards the bathroom.

I went in, grabbing a water bottle from the mini-fridge and took a sip from it, as I looked in the mirror I spit out the water I had intake just a few seconds ago.

My mouth dropped opened just from my reflection, my hair was a mess reminding me of a lion mane, my neck and chest were covered with maroon love bite from Dalton. I looked completely ravish.

I touched my neck and chest, finding myself in awe on the marks Dalton left behind.

For some reason, I just didn't mind. A matter of fact, I found myself really liking them.

What he said last night just kept running through my mind, him calling me his and him letting me know that I was his just made me feel extremely happy hearing that from him.

Dalton just makes me happy.

A wave of emotions ran through my body and my eyes blurred as a memory popped into my head.

*Memory starts*

"Something weird is going on." I found myself saying, Dalton looked at me with a concerned look.

"What do you mean?" He asked me, I let out a sigh, hoping I didn't sound crazy as I say my next few words.

"I feel like someone is following me and watching me," I told Dalton, who eyes immediately widen.

"Who is it?!" He said standing up.

"I don't know who it is, but I know this person is following me, baby, I swear and it's scaring me," I said, knowing that he could hear the fear in my voice.

He came up to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Shh, it's okay baby, don't cry. I'm right here. Did you get a good look at the fucker? We'll go to the police okay? How long has this been happening, shh don't cry little mouse. Don't cry, I'm right here." Dalton said.

"It's been two weeks," I said and Dalton breath hitched.

"Mel, it's been two weeks and you're now telling me this? Why did it take you so long to tell me?" Dalton asked me, I could hear the sadness in his voice. I knew Dalton hated when I shut him out and truly that's not what I wanted to do. It's just that he's been so busy lately and I didn't want to bring something that could scare him or kick him off the game especially since he was opening up more restaurants.

"I just didn't want to bother you with it, especially if it wasn't something that was going to be a big deal. I'm sorry." I said and Dalton brought his head back to look at me with a shocked face.