CH. 52 I'm Back

CH. 52 I'm Back

(Melanie POV)

I got my memories back; I was back. The thing about getting your memories back is that you still have the memories of you not remembering yourself, and it gives you a hollow feeling. It makes you feel like you were watching yourself through someone else life.

I was back in our house, the memories of coming back home with not having my memories were also in the back of my mind as well. I had felt like someone was watching me that day. The sociopath was probably was; he probably felt like I was on to him, and I suppose he found out that. I didn't have my memories somehow.

I'm just glad that he's finally caught and now we know who he is, his identity has been revealed, but the fact that he was able to have so much power without them knowing is something terrifying and should be a reflection on how not to let that happen again.

"Hey, you okay?" Dalton asked me; I turned around to smile at him.

"Yes, sorry, just thinking that's all," I said.

He nodded his head.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked me.

"I was just thinking that it's insane how he was able to have such control without no one knowing about it, he was able to keep his things hidden very well, but there is something else that's bothering me," I said.

Dalton raised a brow.

"What?" He asked.

"I know something else, but it's fuzzy. As in, I did get all my memories back, but this thing I know, I think I found out about it the day of the accident, so it's still fuzzy to me. I'm not sure what it exactly is, but I know it's crucial." I said.

"Don't force yourself; I'm sure it'll come to you," Dalton said.

I nodded my head, I heard him and knew what he was saying, but I know how I am. This was something important, whatever it is that's causing that small part to be fuzzy.

"I'm going to go to my painting room. Just want to check up on things." I said, pulling his hand and placing kisses on it.

This was something I would do when I didn't want him to worry.

Dalton nodded his head, giving me a soft smile.

"Okay, Princess and I will be in the kitchen. Call me if you need me." He said.

"Okay," I said, getting on my tippy toes to press a kiss on his lips.

"We'll call you if we need you," I said playfully to him.

His smile widened on the fact that I said, 'We'll' putting our baby in the conversation as well.

"Good." He said, and I laughed as I turned to go up the stairs.

"I love you." He said.

I turned to look at him, holding Penelope.

"I love you too, both of you very much," I said and blew them both kisses.

I turned to go up the stairs and made my way to my painting room.

I opened the door, letting out a sigh.

When I didn't have my memories, it felt like I was entering a stranger's secret room. I could still tell that the room held so many emotions and knew that the artworks in that room went beyond just art. They were also memories combined with thoughts and sadness.

Now, entering this room. Having my memories, I saw the paintings I created and knew how I felt when I created each one. The emotions that ran through me as I created them, where my mindset was. There were dark paintings, light paintings, happy paintings, colorful ones, and of course, sad ones.