CH. 39 I don't even know

(Melanie POV)

I know a place. Was what I had said.

Whatever that meant.

"I think I know a place," I said with confusion. When a flashback popped in my head

"You think you know a place? Are you sure?" Kassie asked me.

Am I sure? No, not exactly. How could I be sure of anything right now? I'm sure none of us here has forgotten that I lost my memory.

Yet I found myself nodding my head slowly because I felt like I knew a place, where was this place? No idea, but I know it exists and I know it's a place that I would go to from time to time.

So it was a place I was familiar with.

"Did you just remember something?" Tiara asked me.

I let out a sigh, which I'm sure that I was the only one who noticed that I did.

"Yeah, I think so but let Derek know that you need help from him on something and when he offers to help, I'll tell you where he can tell the FBI agent to meet us," I said.

I rubbed my head because another memory popped up.

Why were these things popping up now but when I want them to pop up, they don't exactly do that?

Maybe it's because I'm finally fighting, maybe my inner self feels and sees that I am fighting and is finally letting it happen.

"I honestly believe we are on to the fucker. I can feel it and we can't let anything get in our way now. We have to put a stop to him." Kassie said to us.

"The scary question is, which one of these men is behind our nightmares," Kassie said.

She said it out loud but from the looks of it, it was like she was talking to herself instead.

"You know, Scooby-Doo taught us as kids that sometimes the monsters are nearby, they just do tricks and wear disguises so we don't recognize them," Tiara said.

Tiara's words pulled at me, it was like something was telling me something about what she said.

The monsters are nearby.

The psychopath was someone nearby.

I know this, this feeling is telling me that I know this.

"I hope that's not a horrible foreshadowing that you're doing right now Tiara," I said.

I looked at my sister and watched as she let out a sigh.

I can tell that there was something bothering her.

"It's just now we know he's part of the FBI, what if he's not only part of the FBI but was working on our case and has insights on everything. He was making sure that no one followed his trace, the Psychopath is apart of the FBI and the FBI don't even know it themselves." Tiara said with a disgusted look on her face.

As soon as she finished her sentence, another flashback popped in my head. I was talking to the agent I had made eye contact with at the hospital, we were discussing this very thing.

The suspect is definitely someone who was apart of the FBI, but what was his position in the FBI was something that I didn't know right now.

I say right now because I know I had found out, which is why I am in this situation.

I think the agent that looked at me knows that." I said.

I watched as Kassie nodded her head.

"I agree, maybe you two were working on something and were on to it before your accident happened." She said and another memory flashed briefly.

I let out a humorless laugh.

Wow, a lot of flashbacks today, popping out of nowhere but when I was seeking them out they didn't bother showing up.

"That was definitely no accident," I said. In a serious tone.

I don't know why it's not like Kassie said anything wrong but the fact that she said accident bothered me.

Maybe it's because I knew it wasn't an accident.

She looked at me with a soft understanding look.

"Yeah, maybe it wasn't." She said.

Tiara took out her phone, dialing a number.

I watched as she did and she spoke. "Let's get this started and hopefully over with." She said.

The phone started to ring and a voice said "Hello."

"Hello Derek, we need your help," Tiara said.

She filled him in with what we needed help with and of course, I was surprised by the fact that he accepted without even missing a beat.

Before I knew it, we were at another cafe, sitting down with Derek Andrew who happened was able to reach the agent and got him to agree to meet us here.

I could feel his stare, but his stare wasn't directed to me but to Tiara.

I could see it and I'm sure Kassie could to, this man was intrigued by my sister.

I wonder if Tiara sense that as well, or was she decided to ignore it.

Tiara was talking to me, asking me if there was anything else that I remembered.

On our way to this cafe, I told them that I had some flashbacks that popped up while we were talking and of course I didn't miss the look of concerns that were coming from her.

Even though Tiara was asking me if I was okay and asking me questions, my mind was still on the flashbacks I had.

Maybe this agent could help me, help me with these flashbacks I was having.

Well, the ones regarding things with him.

What were we close to? What did we figure out?

He agreed to meet us, which means that he knows why.

"Tiara I'm fine, seriously," I said and she stopped talking.

"Okay, I'm just worried. We've been through a lot, I'm just worried, but okay." She said to me softly. I have her a smile and watched as she turned her head and attention towards Derek.

I watched as her eyes widened on the fact that she found Derek already looking at her.

My brow raised to the way they were staring at each other.

I glanced at Kassie and found her taking glances at me, both of us wondering if something happened between these two.

"Thank you for making this happened," Tiara said to him.

I watched him nod his head.

"It's not a problem, I also want this to end also." He said and I saw a look crossed Tiara's face.

Yes, something for sure happened between them.

Of course, I didn't want to ruin their moment but I noticed Special Agent Xavier Bones walking in.

"There he is," I said and everyone turned their attention to him.

He walked towards us and made direct eye contact with me.

I know this guy, I know him too well.

It's like he was searching my eyes for something, trying to see something and a look of sadness crossed his face when he realized he didn't see it.

He knows that I don't remember, he knows I don't remember him and that bothered me.

I was tired of getting sad looks from people when they realize that I don't remember them or what we've gone through.

It was getting to me.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

This chapter made me feel bad for Melanie, it shows that this is really getting to her. What do you Dolls think about what will happen in the next chapter?

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu