CH. 41 Someone you might know

(Melanie POV)

It's someone he knows, someone I have come across in the FBI.

"The tone of Melanie's voice, telling you that you won't believe who it is. It's definitely someone that you know and someone that maybe you guys have encountered." Kassie said, looking at me, Agent Bones and Tiara.

"And the only fucking person who knows who the person is doesn't have their damn memories," I said to myself.

I literally was no help, there was no way I could provide help to this group.

Why didn't I at least leave anything that could help them out if something had happened to me?

Why didn't I do something smart like that?

"Fuck," I said letting out a humorless laugh.

We are fucked.

The monster behind my pain and suffering might get away with this.

He might just get away with this. I and the others he's hurt might not even get justice for what he's done to us.

"Melanie, we'll figure it out. Don't worry okay. This is something we will figure out together and won't let it destroy us. We are a team, a team he won't break down or destroy. Okay, I need you, girls, to know that." Kassie said looking at Tiara and me.

I nodded my head slowly.

"Okay." He said, turning her attention back to Agent Bones.

"Where can we go so you can tell us everything you know because it's time we put an end to this, once and for all. We go after him first before he tries to come after us." Kassie said in a serious tone.

We all knew what she meant by that, because if we didn't go after him. He will still haunt us, he will still come after us and take us.

"Okay, let's go then." Agent Bones said standing up.

"You'll follow me." He said.

"Where exactly are we going?" Tiara asked.

"The Cabin," I said, unsure of why I said.

I watched as Agent Bones' eyes widened.

"Mel?" He said.

Mel? Did he call me Mel?

How close were we?

"I just know that's where we were going. Nothing else." I said and his facial expression changed to a disappointed one.

"Okay, it's no worries. You'll remember. Shall we go?" He said and we all nodded our heads.

He got up and we got up to follow him.

"Did he just call you Mel?" Tiara asked me.

"Yes," I said, not even bothering on denying it.

Considering, he openly said it.

"I cared for him," I said and left it at that.

Tiara didn't push it, we followed him out the diner and rode with Derek, as Derek followed him in his car.

It took us a while to get there, but we arrived at the cabin and my eyes widened as a flashback came.

*Flashback starts*

I parked my car in front of the cabin and made my way to the door.

I opened the cabin door and found him crying with papers scattered all over the floor.