CH. 37 That's what happened?

(Melanie POV)

Dalton drove me to meet with the girls, Penelope was being watched by our parents.

The drive to where Tiara and Kassie would be was a peaceful quiet drive.

What happened earlier was on my mind.

"Is everything okay Melanie?" Dalton asked me.

I turned to look at him and I saw that he gave me a glance but focus his attention back on the road.

"Not really," I said being honest with my words.

"Can you tell me what it is?" He asked me.

"It's bothering me that I can't remember things," I said being honest with my words.

"I'm not trying to let it bother me but it is, it's frustrating because I want to remember and I know I've gone through a lot. I know there's a lot of pain that will hurt remembering again but I want to remember the things. I want to remember everything." I said.

I felt Dalton grabbed my hand with the hand he wasn't using to drive and bringing it to his lips.

He pressed a kiss on it and let out a sigh.

Giving my hand a squeeze, he brought it to his lap.

"I'm sorry baby, I feel like there's nothing I can say or do that will stop you feeling this way." He said.

My heart clenched.

"No, don't say that. You being here with me, being who you're and loving me helps me with not feeling that way, you're an amazing husband and father." I said to him.

"Okay." He said giving me a soft smile.

"We are here." He said to me.

My eyes widened, realizing that we've arrived at our destination.

I grabbed my phone, sending a message to the group chat that Kassie and Tiara had me in.

Letting them know that I was here.

I thought Dalton was going to let me walk in by myself but when I turned to look at him, I saw that he already got out of the car and was making his way to the passenger door.

He opened the door for me and stuck out his hand.

"Ready?" He asked and I nodded my head taking his hand.

He walked with me to the place that I said Tiara and Kassie were meeting me at, it was when we saw Kassie and Tiara there, sitting at a table was when Dalton turned me around and gave me a hug.

"Alright little mouse, I'll be leaving now. Call me as soon as you need me okay?" He said to me.

I nodded my head.

He pulled back from the hug and place a kiss on my forehead.

"Bye, I love you." He said.

I smiled.

"I'll let you know when I'm ready to be picked up, bye," I said.

I turned to walk towards Kassie and Tiara who waved me over.

When I reached them, I sat down and saw that Dalton waited until I reach them to leave.

Kassie was sitting in front of Tiara and me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I looked at her and saw that she was looking at Tiara and me.

I heard Tiara let out a sign, I turned to my sister and found her playing with her hair.