CH. 49 This is what I was worried about

(Dalton POV)

Something was coming from the vents, I had already got a gist of what it already was, and I was covering my face with my shirt, the lights were off. The windows were now shut down; this sociopath thought everything through.

I was just right behind her; I don't know what happened.

Tiara screams, they reminded me of Melanie screams when she uses to have the nightmares, I felt my heart dropped, hearing that.

"Dalton! Derek! Agent Bones!" Chris said, yelling our names.

"I'm here!" I yelled back at him; I was on the floor, I figured out where Chris was and crawled to him.

I don't know how strong this thing was, but I didn't want to use all my energy. Melanie was in the building with Kassie and Tiara; we have to get to them before they do.

I saw Derek and Agent Bones were fine, also covering their noses.

"Derek is fine, and so is Agent Bones," I said to Chris, as Agent Bones and Derek made their way to us.

Derek had a light, which helped.

Whatever he had come from the vents wasn't making me weak, I don't know what it was.

Wait, what if it was to scare the girls and lower them out?

My heart was beating against my chest.

"Where the fuck this came from?" Derek said, reaching us.

"I don't know, but we have to get out of this area, did anyone see where the girls went?!" Agent bones. I watch him stand up, making sure he was careful as he did so.

"They went to the stairway," Chris said, standing up. I felt a little dazed; maybe he was trying to get us to pass out with what was coming out of the vent after all.

I stood up as well.

"We have to get out of this area; I'm feeling dizzy," Derek said, and we all agreed with him.

We were making our way to the stair door, using the light.

I grabbed the door; it wouldn't budge.

My heart dropped.

"It's fucking locked," I said, slamming my hand on the door.

There has to be another door.

I turned to Chris; his eyes were dazed, letting me know that he was using his mind link.

Which meant he was still in contact with Kassie.

"We have to get to the stairway quickly," Chris said.

We got to to the door of the stairway; this one Agent bones had the keys for, and as we made our way through the door, closing the door behind us.

We all gasp for air.

"I felt like I was going to fucking pass out, where are the girls? Where are we in the stairway?" I asked,

Derek took out his phone, checking it.

I looked at Chris, and his eyes were dazed again.

"Let's go up the stairs, knowing him. He was probably ahead of the girls down the stairs, so we go up." Chris said.

I was eager to ask him, knowing would make me feel a little less tense about this.

Maybe it would.