CH. 45 She loves me

CH. 45 She Loves Me

(Dalton POV)

It meant everything to me when Melanie said that she loves me.

Many people might not understand how worried I was; I was worried that she wouldn't feel the same way anymore.

Melanie was someone who didn't have her memories, so that meant the memories of her love for me.

That means that she could also have not even bothered remembering those memories. Deep inside, I know she isn't that type of person, but my insecurities were making me feel that way.

It's easy.  To not love someone, especially if you don't even remember.

That was what my mind kept telling me, while Melanie was in the coma. My thoughts became my enemies.

I was in countless battles with them; they've even overpowered me a couple of times.

So when Melanie told me she loved me just now, it felt like a bulldozer was lift off my chest.

That even when she doesn't have her memories, she could say those words, and I know she meant it.

I know she meant what she said because Melanie always had that look on her face whenever Melanie told me she loves me.

The look she would give me, every time she would say this, made me feel like I was her whole Universe.

I never felt any doubts when she would tell me and look at me that way.

That was what Melanie did.

When she just told me that she loves me.

"Are you okay?" Melanie asked. She was looking at me with a concerned facial expression.

I pressed a kiss on her forehead.

"I just love you so much," I said to her softly.

"I know you do Dalton, but I don't think that's what it was. Your facial expression looked as if something was torturing you. Come on, talk to me." She said she rubbed my ear, and my eyes widened at the gesture.

My sweet Melanie, you're in there. Her rubbing my ear was something she would do to put me at ease and to get me to talk to her about what was bothering me.

"I was just worried that you wouldn't love me," I said, I watched her eyes widened.

She was masking her shock expression, with a soft smile.

"That's something I wish I could say that I don't want you to worry about, but I know you will, but I'll just have say it to you every chance I can. To remind you that not even my memories being wiped away. Can stop me from loving you." She said.

I felt my heart slam against my chest.

It was most definitely something that I needed to hear this very moment.

"Thank you so much, that means a lot. It does." I said,

Her smile widens,

She placed her hands on my face and kissed my face all over.

"Of course, baby. Anytime. So, is our daughter coming home soon or is she spending the night over there?" She asked.

I felt my heart fluttered.

God, I missed her, I'm so glad she's here with me.

I'm so happy I get to kiss her, to touch her and make love to her.

"She should be home soon," I said, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

"Good because I miss her." She said.