CH. 40 Why can't I

CH. 40 Why can't I?

(Melanie POV)

The agent continued staring at me as he made his way to our booth, Derek scoot further down the booth so the agent could sit next to him.

Special Agent Xavier Bones, he's definitely someone I feel comfortable with.

I could already tell by the way my inner self was feeling, I didn't feel scared that he was near but a way I feel when I'm with Kassie, with Tiara, with Rylan at the restaurant. He wasn't an enemy, but a friend. An Ally.

"We want answers," Kassie said, causing Xavier to break eye contact with me and to face her.

"That's why you're here.  You know things, things that we don't know." Tiara said.

Xavier turned to look at me again as if he was searching for something.

"Melanie?" Xavier said.

I could tell what he was asking, without him actually saying the words.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember anything. My memories were taken away from when I woke up from the coma." I said softly and I could hear the sadness in my own voice.

I watched his eyes widened, he brought his hand to his face to facepalm himself.

He just heard something he probably was hoping not to hear.

"Fuck." He said, causing everyone's attention on the booth to look at him.

"Just, please tell us what you know. I have a feeling I trusted you somehow." I said, causing him to lower his hand and looked at me.

"We were working together." He said and I let out a sigh.

Relief that I was right about that.

"Were you guys figuring out who the Killer was? You two found information on him?" Kassie asked him.

"Melanie was getting closer and closer in finding out the identity, we were working together on figuring out who it was, where he was keeping the others and how we could trap him," Xavier said.

"How long did you guys work together?" Kassie asked him.

I felt like we've worked together closely on this, I was close? I wasn't just close. I figured it out, I found out who he was.

I know it.

"Two months after Melanie and Tiara returned," Xavier said.

I could tell Tiara was shaken about the answer.

The fact that I, Melanie didn't tell her.

"Melanie wanted to keep you safe," Xavier said staring at Tiara.

Tiara lowered her head, letting a sigh out and wrapping her arms around herself.

Those words affected her.

Why?

Why did it bother her that I wanted to keep her safe?

*FLASHBACK*

"Melanie!! Stop!! Stop taking my turns for me, please stop." Tiara said to me.

"I'm your big sister, I'm supposed to protect you." I found myself saying.

"Stop it, Melanie just stop. Please. Stop." Tiara said crying on the bed she was cuffed too.

"Shhh! He's coming." A woman's voice said.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

My eyes widened from the memory I just had.

I turned to look at Tiara but she still looks like she was still lost in her thoughts.

"So what did you two find out?" Kassie asked.

I turned to look at Xavier and he sighed.

"Maybe it's best that we don't talk about that here but I can tell you all that Melanie and I were getting really close. I was afraid that something horrible was going to happen and then something did happen. I want you all to know that I do not think that Melanie's car crash was an accident. Especially if she had left me a voicemail before it happened. She said she finally figured it out. Who he was, that she got him and that I wouldn't believe who he was. Next thing I knew I heard a crash and her phone call dropped." Xavier said looking at me.

He was searching my face. Trying to see if that would jog up anything.

I stayed silent, trying my best to recall anything. Anything at all, but my head started to pound.

I know already from experience what that meant.

"So what you're telling me is that Melanie knows who he is?" Tiara asked and Xavier nodded his head.

Silence fell around us, but I already knew what everyone was thinking.

"Great, the only person who knows who this psychopath is, doesn't even have her memories. Well, this keeps getting better and better." I said.

Basically saying what everyone was thinking.

I was frustrated, I felt so frustrated and the thing is I knew no one here is actually able to relate to how I feel or know how I feel right now.

I can't remember my life.

It's not like I just forgot someone, I forgot the most important person to me.

I forgot myself. I forgot who I am, my memories, my life and the things I've gone through.

I could feel myself wanting everything to just work out.

"I didn't give you a sign who it could be?" I asked him.

"No, I have the voicemail still. I've backed it up ten times and never deleted it. I'll play it for you all, who knows. Maybe it will help." He said I watched him take out his phone.

"Xavier, man you really should have picked up. I found out who it is Xavier, I can't believe it. You won't believe who it is, it's." My voice was cut off on the voice mail and I heard a loud screeching noise coming from the phone, that ended with a crash.

Silence happened, ad the phone cut off.

*Flashback*

I was in pain, I was in the car but I still had the phone in my hand and I saw myself hang up the call.

*Flashback ends*

"I think I cut the phone," I said and everyone looked at me.

"Do you remember, something?" Kassie asked me.

"I have a feeling that maybe it was me who ended the call quickly," I said.

Thinking it through, it was me. I know it but why?

"Why, why would you do that?" Tiara asked me.

"So the person wouldn't know I was on the phone," I said, looking at Xavier.

If the suspect knew I was on the phone, would Xavier even be alive right now?

"It's definitely someone you know." Kassie and I agreed.

It was someone he knew, it was someone I knew also.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Well, it would be great if she had her memories but doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

When do you Dolls think it will happen?

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu