CH. 28 My Feelings

CH, 28 My feelings

(Melanie POV)

I knew that I was definitely in love with Dalton, why? Because every single thing he does causes my heart to beat, that my mind went haywire in a good way whenever he got to close to me.

Even though I don't have my memories, my heart, body mind and soul just knew how it felt for Dalton.

So, I've lost my memories but not my feelings.

My feelings are here, and they're telling me that what I feel for Dalton is one of the strongest things in my life right now.

Which brings me back to the flashback I had earlier, in the flashback of when I was painting with Dalton coming into the room.

I was eager to get everything in paintings or drawings, anything that could help me remember anything that can find this monster and finally be able to bring him down.

The determination in my inner thoughts gave me hope, hope that proves that I was never a weak person.

That I would be able to find out a way to bring the psychopath who harmed me and my family down.

The fact that I was disgusted with myself that I couldn't even come to make love with the man who I am in love with and who is in love with me in my flashback made me feel saddened.

Dalton must have felt saddened also, on the fact that he was unable to protect his wife. That the monster who did such horrible things to the people he loves was still out there, roaming free and not caught.

The words I'll do anything for you came back into my thoughts.

Those were words I was differently familiar with. Those were words I have used and maybe those were words that kept me going.

I was happy with what happened between Dalton and me last night.

I was happy with what we did because it was something that we both wanted to do.

I wonder though when was the last time I did something like that with Dalton? Because from the Flashback I had earlier. It seemed to be like we weren't doing anything like that because of what had happened.

How did Dalton feel with that?

I looked up towards Dalton to find him brushing Penelope hair back, we were finished with breakfast and just sitting in the living room. Enjoying each other company, the way Dalton looked at his daughter with a smile caused my heart to leap.

She's our daughter. I corrected myself.

I was still trying to get used to it, I was still trying to get my memories back.

It was coming, I could feel it. After all, I was getting all these flashbacks.

Part of me wanted to tell Dalton about my flashbacks, but I didn't want to get his hopes up. I didn't want him thinking that my memories would come sooner than we thought and especially if that didn't happen.

It didn't make any better on the fact that I was already doing small things that had him jumping to the conclusions that my memories were back, I can't imagine how he would feel with being told a flashback.

He is definitely someone I didn't want to hurt.

I watched as Dalton, hands Penelope a small hand mirror.

"Do you like it?" He asked her. I watched as Penelope look at herself in the small mirror with a big smile.

She turned to her dad and nodded her head.