Chapter 1 - Five Minutes

As you tried to fight off the overwhelming sensation of tiredness, you let out a wide yawn. Your eyelids felt heavy as you struggled to keep them from closing. Your head drooped downwards, making it hard to maintain a normal posture, and you felt as though you were slowly losing the battle with exhaustion; every passing minute seemed to intensify the struggle.

You spent the entire night without getting any sleep, reviewing your notes and textbooks in preparation for the exam that you had taken two lessons ago. Over the past few days, you have been studying and preparing for an upcoming test. The fear of failure has even started to invade your dreams, leaving you longing for a good night's rest.

You really just wanted to sleep.

However, you had to endure a little longer. Just a few more hours.

You knew Eraser Head would outdo himself and present an incredibly challenging set of questions that day. That level of difficulty would be long remembered by your classmates, serving as a warning against disrupting the class.

Well... your Quirk was helpful during the test, enabling you to perform remarkably well. At least that's what you hoped.

You can manipulate time, slowing it down or speeding it up. Also, to some degree, you always had a sense of what was yet to come. Whenever you knew you were about to have a hunch, you felt that strange, sharp, and almost electric sensation in your head, a feeling that was hard to put into words and even harder to explain to others. But you've learned to trust it because, more often than not, your hunches turn out to be right.

But other than knowing that a test was coming, you didn't know the exact questions or answers.

That would be cheating, right?

But it wasn't like you would ever admit it to anyone.

You were confident that you had passed the test with flying colors, and there was no doubt in your mind about your performance. And that's why you loved your Quirk. With this power, nothing and no one could ever catch you off guard or take you by surprise. Your Quirk always made it incredibly difficult for your loved ones to keep any kind of surprise from you. Even the most carefully guarded secrets, such as birthday surprises, Christmas presents, unexpected visits, and even love confessions, were often revealed to you, much to everyone's dismay.

It was like, "She always knows everything."

So, people stopped making any effort.

You became so accustomed to all this knowledge that you stopped considering it a drawback of your abilities. It had made your life simpler at some point. That can't be too bad, can it?

Yet sometimes you missed that element of surprise in your life.

You found yourself yearning for a way to turn off your power, to silence it somehow. Yet the possibility of it happening seemed so distant that all you could do was imagine it in your mind, hoping it would become a reality one day.

Sometimes, you felt like your power had a life of its own. It was often disobedient, untamed, and frequently beyond your control.

It sometimes made you wonder... but... there was nothing you could do at that time. So you just let that be as it was.

Despite your tiredness, you couldn't help but feel a certain fondness for the classes that you were currently participating in. You didn't want to admit it, but you enjoyed them for reasons beyond its subject.

You were focused on something else.

Or rather, on someone else.

There was only one teacher who truly captured your attention - All Might. You hung on to every word he spoke, absorbing his wisdom and carefully noting down every valuable insight he shared with the class. His lectures were not only informative but also inspiring. Despite the many other talented teachers at UA, All Might just stood out, and you were grateful for the opportunity to learn from him.