Chapter 4

Leaving the Headmaster's office, you felt like you had just made the biggest mistake of your life. What did you do? Private lessons with THE All Might? Are you crazy, reader?! How are you supposed to learn how to concentrate when you lose your common sense so quickly while he's nearby? You shook your head, trying to get back to reality. An entirely different problem awaited you.

The storm.

The storm, which instead of weakening, has strengthened. Thunders were so loud; the sound they made, carried through the air, was sharp, brief, and fierce. It's like it couldn't wait to strike you. So impatient.

You looked outside, hoping it would pass soon, but nothing like that was going to happen. You had the hunch that it would last 'till evening.

Once again, you stopped at the exit from school, watching the sky closely. When lightning became more intense as you approached the open space, you sighed softly, looking ahead, took out the phone, and quickly dialed the number, preparing for an argument with your mother. You didn't even have to tho, knowing precisely what she would say. When she picked up, you took a deep breath, bracing yourself to be completely crushed.

"Mom? Could you come for me? There is a storm an-"

"Of course there is! I'm not blind! You were supposed to leave school before it started! And don't even try to make stupid excuses you didn't know anything! (Y/N), what are you doing, huh?! Why do you have to be so irresponsible? All my hair will fall out one day because of you. So much stress, and for what?" She yelled, making your ears hurt. "Wait for me. Don't you even dare to move. I'll be right there." You tried to say something, but before you could reply, she hung up, leaving you completely speechless. Wonderful...

"You still here, (L/N)-san?" Asked All Might suddenly as if he just magically appeared behind you. His voice caused you to turn quickly, making your pulse accelerate.

"S-storm. I don't want to be struck by lightning." You said, frowning and turning your face away.

"Oh? I don't think it works like that, (Y/N)-san. Lightning doesn't just strike people as soon as they go outside." He pointed out, crossing his arms over his chest. You glanced at him, not liking his answer even a single bit. But it wasn't like he knew what you were talking about. You couldn't blame him for that. And that's another reason he's going to add to his list of why is (Y/N) so strange, you thought. "If there's anything else that makes you afraid to leave the school grounds, you should..."

You quickly shook your head, lifting your hands in a defensive gesture. And as your face turned a gorgeous crimson color, you could barely stop yourself from covering it with your hands.

"I-it's nothing! Really! W-when I said struck by lightning, I really m-meant it." You tried to clarify yourself. "I-it's really weird, but my body actually... k-kinda... attracts it. Electric shock makes me lose control over my Quirk completely... Anything can happen..."

You looked up to see his reaction, and you weren't pleased with what you saw. His expression hardened as he wrapped his arms around himself.

"Lesson number one. From now on, you have to tell me things like these. I need to know how your power works, its advantages and disadvantages. You don't have to be scared or embarrassed to share such information."

''I'll try to remember..." You replied quietly, shifting from one foot to the other. He looked up at the sky, then at you, wondering what to say and obviously wanting to change the topic.

"As for your training, I will present the study plan tomorrow. I hope we can master your Quirk or at least teach you how to handle it yourself."

While saying this, he smiled even more widely, resting his hands on his hips and glancing at the sky again. He wasn't looking at you, so you could afford to be a little bold. And you couldn't take your eyes off him. He was so tall, forcing you to raise your head high whenever you wanted to look at him. You wanted so much to be embraced by those strong arms, wrapped in its warmth; you wanted to hug him and never let go, but...

"Is something wrong, (L/N)-san?" He interrupted your flood of thoughts, bringing you back to reality. You were scared that he maybe noticed you staring at him, so obviously, you responded quickly:

"N-No! I was j-just thinking... that I h-hope so too... that I will be able to t-take control o-over my Quirk..." You stuttered, not being able to find a better explanation. You blushed again, hiding your face behind your hair. You are doing this too often, reader...

Suddenly you saw a familiar car, which belonged to your mother, driving up to the school's main gate. Too far for you to reach it and not be hit by lightning.

"Is that someone you know?"

You nodded, watching her leave the car and walk fast in your direction. You have never been so embarrassed in your entire life because you knew the hell would be unleashed. Your mother was about to scold you in front of the person you fell for. It was the hunch. You saw everything. You saw her yelling at you, humiliating you in front of him, and almost dragging you to her car. And then... there is a light. And you knew you were struck by lighting. End of flashback.

You didn't want him to listen and to see you like this, so without thinking, you started to run, completely forgetting about the storm.

But there was also... another reason.

Raindrops fell on your face, cooling you down for a bit. You were so angry and scared like you had never been before. You knew this won't happen right now, but you still felt like it was real. As soon as you started running towards your mother, you changed the future, making her safe. That lightning... was going to kill her. Electricity didn't hurt you, but your mom was different. She wasn't physically immune to it like you. Even if you sometimes hated her, you didn't want her dead. She was still your mother, and despite her terrible personality, you loved her more than you should. You were also at the superhero academy, right? And this is what they do; they save others. Even if it means they have to sacrifice.

But you haven't thought it through. You had no plan - you just ran toward her.

You heard a loud hissing sound, a ray of light descending from the sky straight at you, and when you closed your eyes, waiting for the impact and sharp pain, you heard something else...

"DETROIT SMASH!

You felt a strong airwave hitting you and making you cover your face with your hands. This wave wasn't strong enough to knock you down, tho. You knew what just happened. It was this punch that was powerful enough to create a shock wave sufficient to split the clouds and make it rain. Or the opposite of what you noticed when you finally opened your eyes, not fully understanding what just happened.

The clouds suddenly disappeared, the rain stopped, and the whole storm just... evaporated. You saw only clear skies and the sun shining right in your eyes. You noticed a shadow much more significant than yours when you looked down. You turned back and saw him standing right behind you, his hand pointing up, and his fist clenched. Without thinking and with a little rush, you jumped into his arms and buried your head in his chest, forgetting about everything.

He saved you.

Again.