Chapter 47

For a short while, you had this strange feeling that maybe you should have thought of something else. In the end, during the festival, he made it clear that you cannot count on anything more than just an ordinary friendship, even if he has developed some feelings for you.

And now, when you looked at his face, his facial expression still remained unchanged, you felt more confirmed in this belief.

It probably wasn't the best idea, you thought, of course he won't agree.

And when you were about to give up on this idea, out of the corner of your eye you noticed how the corners of his mouth twitched slightly, and after a while, he burst out laughing. It completely made you speechless, you had no idea how you should react to it, so while standing still, you waited until he will speak.

"Okay, we have a deal then." He said, crossing his arms over his chest. You let the air out of your mouth, feeling like a giant weight's been taken off your shoulders, like all uncertainty just vanished, suddenly replaced by disbelief.

''You... are not kidding... right?"

He shook his head, sending you such a serious and wide smile that for a moment you doubted whether he was really telling the truth. You felt like he was making fun of you.

"But... really?" You asked again, unable to get rid of the feeling that it was just a joke. He laughed once more.

''Yes, really. You have my word."

You nodded slowly.

''O-okay... but there is still another issue.'' You started uncertainly, breaking eye contact. You fixed your eyes somewhere far away, those trees growing a few feet behind him seemed to you more interesting than his face at that moment. "I still don't know what I will have to do if I lose."

"Oh, it's quite simple." He answered, and after a second he added, winking at you. "I will not tell you."

''What? Why? That's not how a bet should work. Both sides should agree to the terms, both sides should know what is the price for losing, in this case, it's not fa--'' You started, but he stopped you in mid-sentence.

"Yes, according to you it might be not fair, but let's start with the fact that your request was... selfish. You know well what I think about dating you, and yet... Anyway, I want to be selfish too. And your punishment for losing will be exactly what I just said, you will not know what awaits you until the very end. So I think it IS fair."

''But...!"

''If you want me to agree to your term, you have no choice but to agree to mine."

You felt like he was stabbing you with a needle. You raised your head nervously and looked at All Might's face. His eyes were half-closed and fixed on you, his gaze so intense that it seemed to pierce you through. He knew that what he had just said confused you and you didn't know why he demanded something like that. For a moment, he saw that you couldn't even find the right words, but as soon as you took a deep breath you knew exactly what you wanted to tell him.

"I don't think I have a choice." You muttered softly, giving him a faint smile.

''Exactly. Now get ready. You only have one chance." He replied and immediately changed his attitude. He looked quite like a tiger preparing to attack his prey.

What to do?, you thought feverishly. Predicting the future? I don't have enough time to try to do it. Even if I succeed, I will not stop him when he approaches. All Might... is experienced in combat and will certainly predict my every move. So what should I...?