Chapter 19

He found out.

What did you expect? It would happen sooner or later. Now you don't have to explain everything to him. At least not everything literally.

For a moment you were speechless. Your lips moved when you tried to say something, but no sounds emerged from your dry mouth. You licked your lips and trying to avoid eye contact with him, you sighed.

"I assume you jumped in time. Just tell me what happened." He spoke first. You tried to not look him in the eyes but it was difficult. You just focused your gaze somewhere between his collarbone and his neck and while moving uneasily, you shrugged your shoulders.

"Same as always. I still can't... control my Quirk." You glanced at him quickly and smiled nervously. Tell him more, you don't have much time, what's wrong with you? If you won't concentrate and won't talk, (Y/N)..., you thought. You clenched your fists and added, "I think I changed my future."

He looked at you as if he was about to scold you, but he just crossed his arms over his chest and sighed. You got the impression that he knew what you meant when you said you changed your future. As if he knew that what you did on this roof shouldn't happen. You felt like someone was attaching a stone to your heart and pulling it down.

"Do you have any ideas how to fix it?"

"Just one. You must do exactly what I say, sensei. Just... please come with me." Being amazed at your courage, you took a step towards him and, without thinking, you grabbed his hand. He was surprised too but he didn't resist. You thought he would take his hand away, that he would tell you something, but he didn't. Feeling a slight blush on your cheeks, you were glad that you were walking in front of him. If he saw your face now... But did that matter anymore? All Might knows about everything, he knows you are in love with him. So it probably shouldn't surprise him that you behave strangely around him and you're blushing whenever he stands too close to you. But it wasn't the most important thing right now.

You led him to the school, to his class. There your second you were supposed to meet him. As you slowly approached the front door, you were the one who let go your hands. When your fingers broke apart, you started to miss their warmth. Although it was stupid, you wanted to feel his touch as long as possible. But in spite of your whims, you had to hold yourself back. No one should see that. You couldn't let that happen. Stopping at the door, you turned around and hoping he won't notice your blush, you said:

"I must leave you here. I can't go with you. I can meet myself and I don't know what will happen if..." You stopped in mid-sentence, not even wanting to think about it. You took a deep breath and straightening up, you added "Act as usual. Imagine that I... I have... no idea about what ... what happened... that it never... never happened. Just go there and help me with this essay."

Looking at his face, you felt like... he was sad. He frowned almost unnoticeably, but after a while, his expression changed. It didn't even take two seconds when you saw the surprise on his face. When he laughed nervously, you were now surprised too.

"Wha-what? Have I said something wrong?" You asked feeling embarrassed.

"No, it's just... The truth is... I completely forgot about it..." And then he laughed even louder. Honestly, you didn't expect it. All Might just forgot he promised to help you? So what was he going to do when you met him on the roof? You had the impression that... something was wrong.

"Y-you forgot?"

"Yeah, I was about to leave when you came on the... on the roof." He stuttered. That situation still made you want to hide your head in the sand whenever it was mentioned.

There was... something wrong. Something was not right.

"... about to leave... when I came..." You muttered under your breath, staring at the ground.

"I... I'm so sorry. I know that I was the one who suggested it, but something came up, it was an emergency situation. I wanted to cancel our training as well. As a teacher, I am totally hopeless. I should..." He didn't have the chance to finish, because you interrupted him.

"No, that's not what I meant. In my timeline you were in class, waiting for me. You helped me with that essay." You stood there for a moment, thinking frantically but then a thought appeared in your mind as a bolt from the blue. It was so obvious. "Time loop."

"T-time loop?"

You looked up and quickly nodded. Your eyes met for a second, you still had a problem with it. You two immediately turned your heads to avoid eye contact, trying to make this look as normal as possible... It was so embarrassing.

"Y-yeah. I think... I think this has already happened. No, I'm sure. But that would mean..." You paused, saying the last sentence more to yourself than to him. That would mean that then, in this classroom... he already knew, you thought trying to not show emotions on your face. He knew about my feelings. And he just acted as normal. As if it didn't mean anything to him. You shook your head. No, you asked him to act like this. If somehow he showed you he knew, you would have a light-bulb moment. You have never interfered with your past before, so it would be possible for your past self to have a hunch. You could see something you haven't done yet. If that were the case, your past you could panic and the future would change anyway.

"(Y/N)? That would mean what?" As soon as you heard your name, you came back to earth. He used it as if it was completely normal. He didn't even add any -san at the end of it. It made your heart... warmer somehow. You sent All Might a smile and said:

"It just means that you must act normal. As if... as I told you before. Just go there, sensei, and meet with me. Just be yourself and everything will be okay."