Chapter 7

You already had some sort of a plan that would help you to get All Might's attention, but you didn't know how to make it work. In your head everything seemed so simple, everything worked perfectly, but you knew that reality was a little different. All Might wasn't some guy from school, he was a Number One Hero, the Symbol of Peace, he was an adult and your teacher. How can you draw his attention to you when you are completely the opposite?

First of all, you had to make an impression on him, which you already did. When you jumped into his arms, which certainly must have affected him somehow and when you did your best and ran those damn ten laps.

Secondly, you were about to change some of your appearances. New haircut, light makeup. You never needed it in your life, but now you will have to ask Nanami for a short tutorial.

And the last thing, you had to learn more about him. The truth was ... you didn't even know his real name. It was always All Might, it didn't come to your mind to find out what his name was. You didn't know what his hobby was, what was he doing (other than being a hero) after work or does he... does he have someone? Without this basic information, your plan was useless. But you still had an entire month to get closer to him. After all, you will have to talk about something other than training, right?

Today's day was going to be ... tiring. Your legs hurt, you were breathing hard and you wanted to sleep longer, but according to plan you had to get up at 4.30 am. For you, waking up earlier than before 10 am was a crime against humanity. Also, you had to behave a little quiet so your mother wouldn't notice that you were leaving home so early. She would start asking questions, she probably would have tried to forbid you this, explaining that there were plenty of villains before dawn on the streets. And you didn't want to explain to her that you cannot control your Quirk so All Might is giving you private lessons.

Yesterday you thoroughly reviewed this whole plan. You had your training not only after school but also before it. Lessons started at 8 am, which gave you about three hours. You had about 20 minutes to jog to the park and meet there with All Might. You were extremely curious what he would think of this time. There was no exact description of what you were going to do. There was only a point called Training with All Might. Nothing more. 

Dressing up in some sports clothes and taking a school uniform with you in your bag, you went to the park. Outside it was still dark and a bit cold, but after a short run you warmed yourself up. You knew that for a couple of days you will feel bad because you didn't train physically before, but you never thought that on the next day after some warm up you will feel much better. Your legs stopped hurting and you were not so tired anymore. You immediately got your humor back. 

The sun slowly broke through the clouds, illuminating the road and the nearby trees. Park at night seemed somehow scary to you. Trees reminded you of monsters and each sound caused a heart attack. It wasn't like that that everything was so scary for you. Maybe, you thought, somehow your mother managed to infect you with her paranoia.

As you slowly were approaching the meeting place, you became more and more curious. But as soon as you saw him leaning against the fence blocking the river from the pavement, all curiosity turned into admiration. You've never seen him in casual clothes, he was always dressed in a suit or in his costume during exercises on the field. And now he was wearing a blue t-shirt with short sleeves and long black tracksuits. The shirt was perfectly matched, exposing his muscles. You stopped for a moment, watching him with admiration from afar, hoping he wouldn't notice you so soon.

You wanted to look at him a bit longer, but he turned and looked straight at you. Suddenly ... the time seemed to stop. You were looking straight into each other's eyes until you realized that time... really stopped! You glanced at the river but it stopped flowing, the ducks frozen in place, and the flying birds stopped moving. Everything was quiet and the only audible sound was the loud beating of your heart.

All Might also didn't move. Did you stop him in time too? You took a few steps toward him and when you came closer, you understood that you were right. He was completely frozen. 

You felt horrified. You didn't do it on purpose! You had to reverse it somehow, but how?

"Okay, sure, I got it. I can do it. I want it, so I can do it. Focus, (Y/N), just focus." You said to yourself, shaking your head and raising your hands. Earlier, you have never reversed the effects of your Quirk, everything just passed by itself. You had your limit and so far it worked, but now it's been too long. You closed your eyes, trying to concentrate better. You imagined a switch with numbers which you can turn around. In your mind, you grasped it and gently twisted it from zero to one.

You heard the sound of running water, and when you opened your eyes, everything went back to normal. You felt overwhelmed with euphoria. You sent to a surprised All Might wide smile and almost shouting, you said:

"I did it, All Might-sensei!"

"I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I guess ... you stopped the time, didn't you? And you turned it on again, right?" He asked looking at you carefully. You nodded being a little scared of his reaction. But... "That's great, (L/N)-san!  It looks like you are controlling your Quirk better. Am I such a good teacher? Ahahahahaha!"

Actually, he was right. It was all thanks to him that, you were able to reverse everything. On one of his first classes, he said to imagine your power as a switch. Turning it into different numbers can reduce the strength of the gift. Anyway, this was his way to better control his Quirk.

"Actually... yes. You are the best teacher I have ever had!" You said sending him a cheerful and wide smile. 

You didn't notice it because it happened too fast and you were standing not too close to him, but your words made All Might's cheeks to blush. It was almost invisible, a delicate blush that you couldn't see from your position. But if only you could see it ... you wouldn't be able to fall asleep that night.

"Ah... ah-ahahaha. Thank you, (Y/N). I'm glad I could help you." He said, stuttering a little. But you... you just froze, can't believe your ears.

Did he just... called you by your name?