Chapter 40

Running. You hated it so much.

Although Recovery Girl completely healed you, you felt as if you were sick again. Your muscles ached, your throat was dry, and the quickly flowing blood in your veins made you hear ringing in your ears. You wanted to stop as soon as possible, lay on the grass of the court, around which you ran, and rest for a moment, but you knew that All Might wouldn't let you. You shouldn't have made fun of him.

Fortunately, the court wasn't as huge as in the UA Academy; it was an ordinary football court, but still too big for you. Instead of ten laps, he told you to run fifteen, because as he said: there must be a punishment. Wonderful, someday he could even ground you. 

''Toshinori-san! Can I stop now? I apologized already... " You said, breathing loud and fast, slowing down a little and glancing at him. He stood in the distance, leaning against the fence, and watched you in silence with that strange, satisfied look on his face. Apparently, the view of you, how slowly you fell out of your strength, was amusing him. You just saw that he shook his head, making a gesture with a hand that literally said: "Nope, continue". Of course, you whined in your head, the punishment...

Knowing that further argument with him does not make any sense, you continued running, now a bit slower, hoping that he might not notice. Suddenly, a smile appeared on your lips as soon as you realized that you were probably one of the few, if not the only, people who knew him from this little sadistic and teasing side. Who would expect All Might to be like this? If you could, you would scream in the faces of all those fangirls of his: Hey! I know him better than you! And do you wanna know what's the best? He likes me!

Yet you still couldn't believe it. 

You were like a small child, so happy because mommy bought a new toy. Although one thing was still bothering you. What made someone like him like a girl like you? Much younger, not experienced in all that stuff... wait... that stuff... You felt as you involuntarily started to blush when suddenly you imagined that if someday you become a couple, sooner or later you will... you will have to... have to...

Seeing THIS image in your head, you immediately lost your balance and landed on the ground with a heavy thud, feeling a dull pulsing pain radiating from your nose. Suddenly, you heard a laugh, loud and a little squeaky. Laughter, which certainly did not belong to All Might. 

You got up and sat on the ground, looking for the person who was the source of the laugh. Yet it wasn't just one person, but a group of children, more or less from primary school, which stood a few meters away from you and almost rolled on the ground with laughter. Oh, that's great, now they made fun of you...

''Hahaha, what a dork!''

''I've never seen someone tripping on a straight road!"

''Not only she's as slow as a turtle, she doesn't know how to run either! Hahaha!"

You dusted yourself off, rising from the ground and while glaring at the kids with anger you cleared your throat loudly. Their laughter echoed in your head, making you feel even more annoyed than before.

''Hey! This can happen to anyone!" You cried out loud, trying to somehow outshout their giggling. ''And I'm not as slow as a turtle! Actually..!"

''Haha! Baka, bakaaa! Actually, turtles are faster than you!" One of the children yelled completely ignoring what you said. Great, so funny. You suddenly saw one of the boys with the ball in his hands, so hoping you could change the subject somehow, you added:

''Oi, maybe instead of making fun of me, would you find another thing to do? For example, play football or something!"

''Looking at you is much more fun!''